Chapter(10)

Logan

I was sitting in my room just staring at my ceiling, doing nothing. It was now friday, i've had no luck whatsoever this week. Still the same thing over and over again, every time I got close enough to touch not literally of course, she'd be gone in the next two seconds. My mate. I haven't had any more run ins' since monday and it was now friday afternoon. After school. Deciding that my ceiling is just getting boring now, I got out of bed and opened my door to go down stairs. Once, I was downstairs I sat at the dining room table and watched my mom getting ready to make a snack for some of the younger kids in the pack. They always come in here to play and watch cartoons.

"Honey? Would you mind watching over your sister and her friends tomorrow at the mall? You can never be too careful with all these hunters and rouges running around."

"Sure mom, no problem. Which friends? I thought it was just Kristy."

"No, Kristy and your sister have a new friend now, that new pack member that came here with her granparents..." for some reason it seemed like my mom was tip-toeing around something, or hiding something.

"....yeah well her name is Annabelle, i don't think you've met her yet." Annabelle. That sent shivers up my spine. I like that name.

"No haven't met her yet."

My mom was eather smiling or smirking I couldn't see from this angle, but I could see her up lifted cheek.

"Well, maybe you can meet her tomorrow."

With that my mom took out the peanut butter covered cellery sticks and a bag of raisins out to the kids in the living room. Eew. How do kids eat that I only eat my celery with ranch, that's it. I went to the fridge grabbed a water bottle and some strawberries to munch on. I went upstairs to my room and stared at the ceiling some more thinking about my mate.

Annabelle

I was sooooooooo excited. Yeah i'll admit at first I was hesitant to go to the mall, with hunters and rouges being common around here, but I couldn't resist. My floor was currently covered in my clothes and I was in my closet on my knees throwing different outfits out of my closet. Saying that I couldn't find an outfit would be the understatement of the year. Finally! I pulled out some white skinny jeans i've been on the hunt for, and creme sweater. Alright, now for the shoes. Well, it's been chilly out lately so, I grabbed my brown colored Ugg boots. Yup, perfect outfit and i'll just wear my hair down. I put my outfit for tomorrow on my couch across from me in my room, and searched around for my backpack. I am so getting my homework done I do Not want to have to worry about it over the weekend. Found it, how did it get under my bed? Ugh, whatever i pulled out my math homework, history, and english. That's all the classes I have homework for, thank god. Ofcourse math will take forever though.

After, I was finished with my homework, Iooked over at my alarm clock. 5:56 p.m. Well, that took longer than I thought. Shower time! Grabbing my hello kitty pj's and pink matching tank top and light pink bunny slippers, I went into my bathroom. I turned on the water the hottest it could go, i really needed to get a good nights sleep, so this will help me relax. I got in the shower and let the water wash down my back for a couple minutes before washing my hair and body. Then I added conditioner, rinsed and got out. Putting my white fluffy towel around me I dried myself quickly then put it over my hair. Grabbing my tank top I slid it over my head, along with my hello kitty bottoms on and then finally my comfy slippers. I took off the towel from my hair and quickly brushed through it before putting it in a sloppy bun. On my alarm clock it now read 6:48 p.m. Almost dinner time. I went down to help Fawn with any dinner preparations to see her all done. Everything except the table. Without hesitation I started getting the plates, utensils,napkins, and cups and set it up neatly. Fawn came out of the kitchen, noticed my handy work and smiled. I helped her put everything on the table and everyone had dinner and ate not long after. After saying 'thank you' for dinner I went upstairs and fell into a dreamless comfortable sleep.

*Mall Day* Saturday 12:20 p.m

Oh my god. Oh my god. I'm not ready yet. curses. I couldn't for the life of me sleep last night. Tossing and turning after maybe 5 hours of a comfortable peace. Then I woke up late and took a shower, in which I almost fell asleep in. They said 12:30. And dang it, I can't find my other ugg boot. Just as I turned out of the corner of my eye I see a flash of brown. I dive in the direction landing with a thump on the floor. There it is, under the couch. I put it on, in one of those hopping on one-leg moves, and rushed out the door with keys and purse in hand. I sprinted down the stairs and out the door, got in my car turned it on and sped down the road to the mall about ten 5 minutes from the pack house. 12:28. fudge. I sniffed their scents down fast walked and finally saw them sitting in the food court. Sitting next to them in the third seat I said.

"Hi"

"Finally we thought you'd be late." Avalon said.

"What! Me psh! No." I said. We all laughed and got up walking around laughing and having a great time.

"Oh, hey guys my brother Logan is around here somewhere watching over us to make sure we are ok, from hunters and stuff, so don't freak if you see him." Avalon said.

"Yeah, he's with Brent too so..." I heard Kristy saying something, but I tuned out once I caught that scent. Wood after a rain with a hint of cinnamon. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. I looked around frantically looking for who it belonged too.

His blue eyes. That's the first thing that captured mine. They held me captive. I was locked in his gaze. Then it all clicked. He was obviously my mate. Avalon's brother was my mate! That explains why I haven't changed, he was a soon to-be alpha. I had to be marked then mated to him before I can change.

His hard toned features and tall lean figure proved he was definitely strong and hot! He had muscles that was for sure. His midnight black hair was long and waved into his eyes, which were still locked on mine. I didn't notice he had been walking towards me till we were almost touching. I could already feel the sparks igniting in the small space. He moved closer and my heart hammered. He smirked then cupped a hand to my cheek. Sparks flew through my cheek down to my toes and filling me with warmth. He all but whispered one word.

"Mate."

That's when it all clicked he was the one with that girl, that slut. My mate was a man whore. Argh!

" You were the one with that girl!'' Confusion flashed in his eyes, then it dawned on him. Yeah, you man whore! take that!

"Amber? She snuck in my room, jealous much little mate?" He smirked at me and Avalon scoffed.

" That's sooo Amber ofcourse she would sneak into your room, what a ho." Avalon said.

I felt like an idiot now obviously Amber had snuck into his room, but he still probably slept with her!

"So! You still probably slept with her for all I know!'' He just shook his head in amusement with that sexy smirk still in place....wait what! I did not just think that!

"Logan, wouldn't do that, Annabelle he's been waiting for you for a long time. Sooo sadly your stuck with him." Avalon said.

"Oh."

Yup that was the ingenious word that came out of my mouth. Then I blushed and cuddled into Logan's side with his arms wrapped around me, while we stared at eachother lovingly. And just like that I was putty in his hands.