Chapter(22)

Annabelle

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was in a bed. It was mine. I also noticed the two people laying on either side of me, Syphone and Kate. They both sat their watching me wake up as they most likely noticed my eyelids flutter. I creeped one eye open and saw Kate, then the other and saw Syphone. We all looked at each other for a couple moments before I spoke up.

"So do you guys like watching me sleep? Or?"

They both smiled before looking at one another then me with determination in their eyes.

"Annabelle we know you freaked out, but we are not leaving here without you. It's all of our duties to protect other packs that need helping, and as soon as you joined our pack that duty fell on your shoulders too." Syphone said. I nodded, but still was nervous about going back to the place I ran from.

"We know your scared, and we arn't going to let that butt head Logan within two kilometers of you. But think of all the children that need protecting and we need to train the ones who will protect them." Kate said.

I groaned. That was my weak spot. Children. They both knew I wouldn't be able to refuse now. I would never let any harm come to any children or anyone for that matter. Even if it meant sparing my own life.

"Every step of the way Annabelle, we will be there. I'm sure Avalon and Kristy will too. Plus we are dying to meet them." Syphone said with a pinch of excitement in her tone.

"Ok, but you guys have to be with me at all times. I don't want to be around Logan at all for the duration of time we are their." They both looked at each other with worry clear in their eyes. Oh goodness what now?

"That's the thing, the Alpha wants us to stay their full time. Only leaving to help other packs, which won't be very often. The surrounding packs close to us and theirs all want to sign a treaty joining the land together." Kate said.

"So, sooner or later you are going to have to face him. You can't stay away from him your whole life." Syphone said.

Well i'm going to damn well try. I don't want to face him, he marked someone else, and he probably has little kids running around and he's probably even married to her. Syphone and Kate looked at me in amusement and pity.

"Did I say that out loud?" They nodded their heads.

That's the other thing. Logan can mark and mate with anybody, but I knew he couldn't get them pregnant. That would be why Kate and Syphone looked amused. The only one who could carry a heir to Alpha position was me, but that will never happen. The pity looks they were giving me though, is because he could very well be married to her. Heck! He might even love whoever it is he marked! I love Colton, but he would never mark me.

"Yeah he would." Kate stated.

I looked at her in shock, had I been saying that out loud again.

"We only heard you say Colton would never mark you." Syphone replied in tune to my thoughts.

"Why do you say that?" I asked Kate

"Alright get comfortable, it's story time." Kate said to me and Syphone. We layed on our bellies and propped on our elbows facing her.

"When I first joined Colton's pack, before anyone. He had found me. I was in wolf form chasing a small deer. He had tackled me to the side, I immediately started growling protecting my catch, but once I saw him I stopped. He was just like me all white with a surge of power. That's why I ran away from my old pack. I was an outsider, people new I was different, they just didn't tell me why. Me and Colton became friends, when we found Brandon though I knew he was my mate. Then we found Kent, and finally Syphone. Colton came home one day, but he looked different. He looked like a broken man with no light to fill the darkness that invaded his soul. He shut off from everyone. It was that way for a year. We were out hunting together in wolf form when we caught the stench of rogues. We sought out to kill them, when we saw a sleeping figure or wolf, about to be slaughtered by four rogues. We bolted into action creating a protective circle around you. This wolf didn't need it though, once it realized what was happening it saved our lives that day. Annabelle, when Colton first layed his eyes on you, he was blinded, blinded by the sun. If he doesn't mark you he's stupid. He loves you more than the love he felt for his mate the first time he saw her. The bond was broken before it had time to grow. That is why he'd mark you,you two are perfect for each other." Kate said finishing her story.