Chapter(19)

Logan

I couldn't believe Marcus was...gone. Completely and utterly gone. I should've realized this would happen, but in my train of thought at the time I didn't realize the consequences. Marcus isn't necessarily gone, but he is more or so, reborn. Just in someone else, not me. Marcus died because he was longing for his mate, Isabelle. Annabelle's wolf. And since I had marked another, that was not his mate, he went through a lot of pain. When I didn't. If Annabelle was dead that would be different, Marcus would gladly mark someone else we both learned to love, but Annabelle and Isabelle are still alive and breathing. Marcus died because of me, I can get my wolf back, but the chances are small. If I marked Annabelle, which I still can since my canines are still intact, I would have a slim chance of getting Marcus back. Otherwise, she'd have to mark me, or i'm dead soon. Like in a couple of months soon. I'll eventually start to hollow out and become completely human. Then, once i'm human, there's no chance of me getting Marcus back. I'll be human till' I die, in human years. Where ever you are Annabelle I pray to the moon goddess you come back soon, willingly or not.

Annabelle

I was laying in my bed with my wet hair spread out over my pillow, in my pj's after my shower, thinking about my date with Colton I couldn't for the life of me stop smiling. He kissed me. I can't believe he did that! When I kissed Colton, it felt like fireworks went off, not like a mates touch but close enough. It made me weak at the knees, and thinking about it now got me all warm inside. I eventually started to yawn though. All this thinking got me sleepy. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Colton

I couldn't stop thinking about Annabelle all night, and my wolf was going at it telling me to mark her. He had gotten really recessive over her in the last couple of months, and to be honest so have I. She probably thought that I thought of her as a little sister, but ever since I saw her that day when we defended her from those rogues, I had an undeniable attraction towards her. We had all gone on a pack run just enjoying some time with each other and running, when we smelt them, rogues. We were sneaking up behind some bushes, when I saw the pure white coat, I knew I had to protect her. She was one of us, or so i'd thought i didn't think i'd run into the friggin Destined Wolf! We immediately made a circle around her knowing the rogues would probably kill her, torture her, or give her as a present to some hunters. Yeah, hunters and rouges have been ganging up and working together, some packs are in desperate help. As soon as we'd made a circle around Annabelle though we snarled at them, which had jolted her awake. Her wolf immediately took action killing the rogues in speed I didn't believe possible. When she went for the last kill, we got dressed in some proper clothes. She had risked herself to save us, I knew i'd welcome her into our pack. she noticed the gesture and went behind a tree. When she came out though it was not what I was expecting, she was not what I was expecting. Her brown long curls waved down about mid-back and she was a beautiful light skinned girl with bright green eyes that had flecks of gold and hazel. It was like meeting my mate, but i knew that wasn't possible. I saw her die before me, I had inhaled her scent. It smelled of chocolate strawberries, and it enticed me and still does. From that point on I knew i'd make her mine, forever and always. Or at least till' I died.

I got up from my position in my bed and went across the hall and up the stairs to Annabelle's room. I opened the door and saw her already asleep, with a small smile on her face. The moonlight hit her closed eyelids and soft lips, she looked like a sleeping beauty. I walked over and climbed in the covers next to her. She turned to face my chest and cuddled against me. I smiled and wrapped a possessive arm around her before closing my eyes and falling to sleep.

Annabelle

I woke up warm and tingly inside. I felt someone's gaze on my face and an arm around my waist. I smiled knowing it'd be Colton. I snuggled closer into his chest and tucked my head into his neck, not wanting to wake up. He chuckled.

"Morning, beautiful." He murmured into my ear.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist and pretended to snore hoping he'd buy it. He started laughing.

"I know you don't snore Annabelle, arn't you hungry?" As if on cue my stomach grumbled.

"Maybeeeee, and morning." I said to him 

He placed a soft kiss to my temple before getting up. The first thing I saw were his back muscles as he stretched, noticing my ogling he turned around. Oh, but how that was so much better. He was totally flashing me a view of his well built chest and abs. See this boy never misses a chance to take off a shirt around me or bother to keep one on, he knows me too well.

"Like what you see?"

He smirked at me while I grinned evilly, remembering what I was wearing. Which was some short pajama shorts and tight fitting tank top. And when I say pajama shorts I mean the kind that show the bottom of your bum.

"Why yes I do." I replied back. "Now let's go i'm hungry." I said getting up slowly and over dramatically.

I walked to my bedroom door with a bit of a sway to my hips. I heard a small but noticeable growl. Before, he could get me though I sprinted into the hall and down the stairs, into the kitchen. I hopped on a stool while Syphone cooked breakfast. Kent walked in looking sleepy and when he notice my pj's and Colton's frustrated face, let out a whistle.

"Sucks to be you bro.' Kent said.

I smiled when Syphone whacked him in the head. He gave her a 'WTF' look.

"Don't brag, your lucky you get any at all!"

Kent's face turned a bit flushed While we all cracked up laughing. Syphone continued making breakfast, while Kent went and put his hands around Syphone's waist in an attempt to apologize. Knowing Syphone she'd cave. I was munching on an apple absentmindedly when Brandon and Kate joined the party. Syphone finished breakfast and set the table with some help from me. We all ate in a chorus of jokes, laughter, and happiness. I was sitting in Colton's lap when I started to really think. This is my new life and my new family, with a boyfriend in pending, maybe.