Chapter(2)

When the plane finally descended after another two grueling hours, I couldn't help but feel nervous. What if this pack didn't like me? Brent seemed nice and all, but what if everybody else was hesitant toward me? I really wanted friends not foes. The plane came to a complete stop and I started getting my stuff out of the compartment. I rolled the suticase down the lane while Brent helped carry my bag. We walked down the stairs from the plane, and I was so grateful he'd offered to carry my suitcase.

We walked to his car in the designated hold lot, and I wasn't surprised to find it a sleek shiny black BMW. Packs usually have alot of money since everybody has jobs outside of just werewolf business.
The Alphas usually save up any money they make so it all contributes accordingly. Not to mention, most packs have up to a good six to seven hundred members.
Snapping me out of my thoughts Brent opens my door for me and I quietly climb in the car. He goes ahead and puts my luggage away in the trunk along with his own and then he's climbing in the driver's seat.
I listened as he started up the car and it purred to life. With a quick jolt and stomp on the gas petal we began the drive.
I sank into the comfortable plush leather of the seat and felt very tired. I fell into a light sleep and let the darkness overtake me.

It didn't feel like long after that someone was gently shaking my shoulder.

"Anna? Anna wake up were here."

I recognized the voice to belong to Brent. Hmm.  Slowly preening my eyes open I glanced over at him guiltily not meaning to sleep the whole way and let out a small yawn.

He chuckled. "Well we're here."

"Yeah I caught that."

"Okay, well come on."

I begrudgingly got up and out of the car. I opened the door and gasped at the beautiful sight infront of me.There were pine trees all around us in a very large and wide dome shape. Then there were home-y cabins submerged within the trees that looked as if they belonged there and grew right out of the ground.
On a large patch of grass there were younger children playing with each other and their mothers watching and chatting animatedly with each other close by.
In the center of it all, following the drive where we parked along, was a large mansion.
It seemed about three stories and had tall columns that looked placed for support going up it.
It also had large frontal windows and two large doors to enter. A beautiful deck wrapped around the Victorian home with outside lounge chairs and a porch swing.
Large steps lead up to the front of the house.

"Pretty nice, right?" Brent remarked pulling me out of my awe.

"Yeah," I stuttered slightly and he just chuckled.

"Come on. Lets get you inside."

He grabbed my bags and walked towards the enormous mansion. I followed him blindly still in my daze. He rang the doorbell and we waited for someone to answer. Finally, someone did.

"Oh hello. My name is Fawn I'm the Luna" she introduced to me.

"Hi, I'm Annabelle."

"I know! Your grandparents have told me so much about you, and you're even more beautiful in person!"

"Oh, Thanks so much!" I could feel the blush creeping up to my ears.

"Well Brent show her to her room i'll be in the kitchen if you guys need anything."

"Nice meeting you Annabelle and i'll see you at dinner."

Without another word she walked away and ever the gentleman Brent gestured me to go into the house first. I walked in and nearly felt my jaw hit the floor.

If I thought the outside was amazing the inside was magnificent. The front room consisted of some rather comfy looking couches all arranged around a very large flat screen.
The couches were black leather and the walls were a nice light gray. The floors a lovely sand colored hardwood. Then in the middle of the room was a glass coffee table with a bowl filled with sea shells.
On one wall behind the couches next to the flat screen was a very nice silver painting of a pure white wolf. A Pura Lupus. These of our kind were extremely rare and hardly ever seen or heard of unless in legends.

One of these very legends says that "for the rarity that is the pura lupus there is none in rarer esteem than that of le pura lupus desténa" A pure white wolf as white as snow with markings as silver as the moon. Also known as the 'destined wolf.' A supposedly supremely gifted being powerful in both wolf and human form, also specifically chosen by the moon goddess. My mom and dad told tales like these at bonfires we held quite often.
But I didn't put too much stock into the fairytales, I usually ended up falling asleep.

Brent began to walk up the spiral of stairs and I followed. We went all the way to the top. And at the end of the hallway he opened the last door and led me into a very luxurious room.

There was, in the middle of the room, a very large king-sized bed. It had four large panels going up it and a see through light purple sheet cascading down the top and over the sides of the bed.

The comforter was a deep purple and had lavender linings in the thread and beading. With it fancy pillows to match. The carpet was white and I looked to my right to see french doors that opened to reveal a balcony giving me a lovely view of a dock and a lake. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Brent put my bags down on my bed and looked over at me.

"Your grandparents picked out the stuff for your room, said that purple was your favorite color?"

His statement ended in sounding like a question so I answered.

"Yeah it is. I'm surprised they remembered."

He smiled and said "Okay well I'll let you get settled. Dinner is at 8, don't be late." He thought over that for a second chuckled and then left.

I said my thanks probably too quietly for him to have heard me and then once reality set in I shrieked and hurled myself onto the bed.
I could only hope things kept going this well.

After I relaxed for a few minutes I got back up and went out to the balcony. The view was fabulous. I could see the tops of the trees and birds flying overhead. If I tried to listen closely I could here the pitter patter of squirrels going up and down the trees, here the waves from the lake against the dock, and I could smell the pine all around me. I saw smoke from cabin chimney's and heard the laughter of the kids down below. It made my heart warm to know that I might actually enjoy it here.