The Bad Boy and the Good Girl: Chapter 13

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry! I am back! I've either been really busy or I was struck with some HARDCORE writer's block LOL. It was both. So, here you go :( Might be a filler chapter....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 (Jayden's POV):

"Jayden Samuels, please come to the office please. Jayden Samuels, please come to the office please, thank you!" The secretary said, over the intercom. I got up from my seat in math and made my way down to the office. The secretary gave me a warm smile. "Principal Smith will be with you in a moment. Please take a seat," she said, gesturing towards the chairs. I sat down and waited for what seemed like 10 minutes. I didn't know why I was being brought down here. I haven't done anything bad. Honestly! Soon, Principal Smith came out of his office and gave me a warm smile, something that didn't happen very often. "Jayden, you may come in now," he said, still smiling. I entered his office and sat down, confused. I got right to the point. "Look, whatever it was, I didn't do it. Honestly!" I said, shaking my head. Mr. Smith shook his head in amusement and laughed. "No Jayden, I just brought you down here to congratulate you," he said. I cocked an eyebrow. Congratulate me? For what? "Why?" I asked, confused once again. Mr. Smith smiled. "You have improved on your grades ever since you started taking those after school sessions. I also noticed you are quite close with a little someone named Diana Lockhart, am I right?" he said, winking at me. That made me smile. I know it sounds cheesy but whenever Diana's name came up, it just made me smile. She never failed to bring a smile on my face. "Somewhat," I said, laughing. Mr. Smith laughed. "Well, keep it up, Jayden. It brings a smile to my face to see students like you improving everyday. If you keep this up, you might even be able to be pulled out of that after school session."

(Diana's POV)

School was great. I split my time at lunch eating either with Jayden or Jason. Jayden was still the sweetest and I also heard he was congratulated by the Principal for his improving grades. My day was excellent... That is, until I came home to find my parents sitting at the island as usual. "Hey," I said, smiling at them even though they never looked up to acknowledge me. "Hello Princess, how was your day?" my dad asked, still looking down at his newspaper. "Good," I said. This was common for them. They hardly seemed to notice me at home and spent almost every free second they had to go to the casino or any type of party. Mom looked up from her book, something that didn't happen often. "Um, honey, we need to talk," mom said, patting the seat next to her so I can sit down. I sat down confused. The tone she used was serious. "Honey, you know how we feel about pre-marital sex, right?" she asked, serious. I almost laughed out loud. Was she seriously asking me this? Of course I knew! They basically threatened to disown me if I did have sex before marriage. That sure as hell scared the crap out of me. I nodded. "Of course, why are you asking?" I asked, weirded out. Since when did she care anyways? She trusted me. All up until now? "I was having a talk with Mrs. Samuels today. I learned that you have been dating their 18 year old son. Jayden? Right? The one who got kicked out of his old school?!" she said, raising her voice at the end of her sentence. I nodded. "Mom, it's not like I've been having sex with him. He's not so bad anymore. I made it a strict rule to stay a virgin! End of discussion," I said, turning around to go to my room. Mom grabbed my elbow and pulled me back into my seat. "I don't trust you with him. He's bad news, Diana. I don't think you can control yourself with him. Why can't you go out with someone like Jason?" mom asked, still with a tight grip onto my elbow. I felt my anger boiling up. Why doesn't she trust me with him? Does she really think after all these years of maintaining my virginity that I would just give it away now to a boy I've been dating for only a week? "Mom, Jason has been my best friend for a long time. It would be weird. Besides, I only see him as JUST a friend. Why can't you be happy for me that I found this really great guy who respects my decision to not have sex? Sure, Jayden has had trouble in the past but people do change," I said, now with an angry tinge to my voice. Mom shook her head. "I'm sorry, Diana. I just don't trust you with him. I trust you, just not with him in the picture." I grumbled. She was really pissing me off. I yanked my arm out of her grasp and made my way out of the door, not looking back.