Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

I sat on my bed crying. I was a monster. I tried to kill my best friend, I pushed away the one person who really cares about me, and now Liam was gone. And I felt responsible for it.

"Hey this is Christy! I can't get to the phone right now, but please leave a message, and I'll get back to you!" Christy's anjelic voice rang throught the phone. I sighed. It had been a month since the fight.

FLASHBACK

"WHAT THE HECK!" I screamed at Christy. She flinched.

"Zayn. Calm down. It'll be fine." she tried to reassure me.

"NO! IT WON'T! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I'VE TRIED TO KILL MY BEST FRIEND!" I screamed again.

"STOP!" She yelled back. "I DIDN'T DO ANY OF THIS! STOP TREATING ME THIS WAY!" I recoiled. Then stood up straight again.

"I KNOW YOU DIDN'T! I DIDN'T SAY YOU DID! BUT DON'T TELL ME IT'S GOING TO BE OK! IT'S NOT!" I screamed, tears falling off my cheeks.

"I KNOW! I KNOW IT'S NOT! BUT WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY! WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!" she yelled.

"THE TRUTH!" I yelled back. She took a shaky breath.

"Fine. Here's the truth. I love you Zayn. I really do. But not this way. I've dealt with you screaming at me for a long time now. I'm done. You've been pushing away the one person here that still cares about you. Everyone else is scared. And now, I'm leaving to. You wanna be alone, be alone." she started crying.

"Christy?" I asked, shocked.

"Zayn." her tone was cold.

"A-are you saying goodbye?" I asked.

"Yes. Goodbye, Zayn. I hope you have a lonely life. Because no one is coming for you." she spat. Then she walked out.

I sank to my knees, sobbing. The realization of what I've done hit me like a knife. I curled into a ball. Everything hurt without Christy. Her words replayed in my head. They were like daggers in my side.

She was right. I lost the one person who still cared.

END OF FLASHBACK

I walked over and turned on my t.v. I didn't know or care what was on, but I needed noise, and I desperately needed to here somebody's voice.

I plugged my phone into a speaker and put on my new favorite song. Everything in the song was what I did. It worked.

"Baby since you've been gone,

I leave the t.v. on,

Gotta hear somebody's voice,

I just need some kinda noise.

I lay some pillows down,

To wrap my arms around,

I pretend I'm holdin you,

I know it's sad but it's what I do.

To keep me from goin crazy,

I can get up and face the day,

Just fine all by myself,

Go out and take on the world,

And get it done,

Like nobody else,

Oh, but I don't do lonely well."

Jason Aldean's I don't do lonely well played on full blast. I don't usually listen to country music, but I loved this song. It's my life sung by another.

And my life sucked. I walked over to my bed and lay down, following the song. Then I let myself cry. My life had gone downhill. It wasn't anybody's fault but mine. And the ones I love are being punished.

RING! RING! My phone went off. I answered without checking the ID.

"This is Zayn Malik." I answered dully.

"I know." a cold voice replied.

"Who are you?" I asked cautiously.

"Your worst nightmare." I heard a scream in the background. I shivered.

"What do you want?" I ventured.

"I know how to fix your problem."

"H-how?" I exclaimed shocked.

"Robert. He is the only one who can do it." I shivered. Robert. The one person I hoped to avoid.

"What do you want in return?" I asked. She laughed.

"Get Robert out of jail, and I'll give you back Liam." she bargained.

"Y-you have L-Liam?" I gasped.

"Yes. Wanna talk to him?"

"Yes." I demanded. She chuckled again.

"CARRINGTON! STOP! AND BRING HIM HEAR!" She screamed. How did Carrington get out of jail?

"Z-Zayn?" I heard Liam's voice ask. I fell into a chair. He sounded weak and beaten. But not broken.

"It's me Li." I whispered.

"Listen Zayn. You can't do whatever they want you to! Don't listen!" he yelled. I heard a loud slap!

"LIAM!" I screamed. Yells and groans were made by Liam.

"Listen. I don't think he'll ever be the same, but you can have him in one piece if you listen. Goodbye Zayn." the woman told me.

I sank to the ground and blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. So, I think this chapter is sucky and retarded, but it's been a long time since I've updated.

About that. I'm really busy lately. I'm also suffering from a writers block. So, I don't know how often I'll update, and when I do, I can't promise they'll turn out pretty crappy. Like this one.

The song in this chapter is called I don't do lonely well, by Jason Aldean. It's a really good song. And it's country.

So, a creepy guy on Wattpad just said,and I quote, "Wanna be my lover?" and now he won't leave me alone! I'm scared!

Again, I apologize for the slow update and sucky, retarded chapter.

Song of the day: My Heart Is Broken by Evanescance. It's just what I'm listening to right now;)

Bye! Sorry! Love you!

-Chloe <3