The Mage Chap 7

"Lucas?" Sig shifted to his human form and he stroke my hair trying to comfort me. I was lying on my front on my bed.

"Do.. Do you want food to cheer you up?" I stifled and Sig's hand stilled on head.

"No, Sig. Leave me be for awhile. Cook our dinner or something." I said and I thought he'd jump to the kitchen but he didn't. Instead he lied next to me, continuously stroking my hair. I let my self relax and close my eyes.

"I screwed up my first day of school since ever, Sig." I said.

"You like school?"

"Like you like cooking." I said so he can understand the way I would want him to understand. I turn my head to the side so I can look at him. He lied his head leveling my face. He looked in pain as if seeing me upset hurts him.

"I was never in school. I stopped 4 years ago, Sig. That's a long time for humans." I explained.

"I waited too, Lucas. I didn't know how long. It's been centuries ago since someone summoned me. Then you came."

"You won't screw up protecting me and following me around. You're my Sig." He nod and smiled like a little boy at me.

"Like you won't screw up at school. You can do it, Lucas."

"Is that supposed to be an encouragement?" I snicker. He nodded and I stop. I put on my impassive self up to him and he knew that I wanted no more of it. He sighed and stroke my hair again, inhaling and buried my face on his warm chest. He reciprocate by wrapping his arms around me. I really love how warm he is.

"Grr.. Lucas, it's Katherine." I can hear Sig's growl from his chest. I didn't open my eyes.

"Leave her." Sig hugged me tighter but he won't stop growling when the knocks wont stop.

"Shh.." I dazed.

"Lucas, sweetheart." I heard her called out.

"Grr.." Sig kept grumbling.

I ignored them. I just grip onto Sig's shirt and shut my eyes tight.

"Get out! You upset my master!" Sig sat up and I think I knew what happened. I open my eyes half way and saw Katherine's blurred silhouette.

"Lucas, I'm sorry. Can we talk honey?"

I groaned and grab a pillow to hide my face. I can still hear Sig's growling.

"Get out!" Sig yelled out. Katherine must've used a spell to get in.

"You didn't go to work so I got worried. What happened in your class, Lucas.. I apologize. I didn't know why I did that. I'm so sorry."

I sat up and rub my eyes. I turn my head to look at her looking hopeful but I won't give in. I've been here. I won't go back and disappoint every human being I get close too. I stood and went over to open the door.

"Katherine, Can you please get out?"

"Lucas.. I really am-" I cut her off.

"I won't go back to school. If we're talking about work. Maybe Sig can do just fine. I may miss days or weeks.. I don't know. I just don't need this now. I'm sorry too, but please get out." I said looking elsewhere but her.

"Lucas, those classes are important. You have to start somewhere. You can't just jump into a senior class like that."

"I don't need your class." I said dryly.

"Lucas, honey please just listen." She was about to touch me but I back away.

"Don't touch me. Please just leave." Sig was already standing in front of me glaring his golden eyes at her. She back away and nodded.

"I'll be back tomorrow."

"Please.. Mrs. Haynes." Her eyes widen when she heard me call her that.

"Don't come back." I hid my face on Sig's back and he froze. His growling stop and he spun around to hug me.

"Lucas.. Lucas.." He rubbed my back and drop a kiss on my head.

"Just leave!" Sig hissed through gritted teeth after that I heard Katherine's footsteps as she exited my apartment.

"Lucas.. Please.. Don't cry, please."

"I am not crying, you idiot dog." I grip onto his shirt and buried my face over his chest.