Chapter Eleven

6 Months Ago

Yes, Mafia Gang Lord. That was the only proper reason.

"What do you say?" 

"Huh?"

I looked up as everyone was staring at me. Did i manage to space out again.

"Sounds great," I said shrugging and my parents broke into a smile.

"Two weeks it is,"

"Two weeks is what?"

"The wedding of course, I just asked you, we want to get it over this month before Darius goes to finish his course,"

My eyes wideneded and I stared at them.

A wedding?

In two weeks!?

I needed a plan and fast. 

Present Time

I woke up to the sound of something breaking. I  heard movement downstairs and a curse. Probably Darius.

I sighed rolling around and checking the time and sat up. Half past eleven! Why didn't the fool wake me up! My stomach grumbled and I realised how little I had to eat ever since this man came back with his seafood frenzy.

I got up quickly grabbing blue jeans with a soft flowery patter on them barely visible and a aqua green shirt that was like a hoodie. Might as well enjoy wearing jeans and pants for as long as I can. I rushed to the attached bathroom and rushed under the water's warm spray sighing.

Ahhh this could have been my life. Waking up, going to work and actually earning money for a living. Enjoying the small beauties in life and not taking everything to advantage. Actually working hard and knowing the value of life.

I opened my eyes, would Darius let me find a job? It was awfully boring sitting at home doing nothing and maybe a small part time job, maybe in an ice-cream parlour or something might made my horrible life seem a bit better.

I mean I did finish high school and was on my way to getting a medical degree before some parent of mine pulled me out and shipped me over to get married.

ALl high school I had studied my ass off to get into Med School only there was no point of it now. of course I could return to uni and finish my last three years off but would it be worth it? Would he actually even let me work?

I got out of the shower and wrapped it around me looking in the mirror and saw my dull lifeless face stare back. The black eyes that used to sparkle just stared back dull, so dull that they were nearly a dark brown colour. My lips had gone slightly pale and I checked under my eyelid, it was no longer red.

Iron deficiency

Great just to add to my problems. I got ready combing my hair into a pony tail and walked downstairs to the kitchen. Darius sat on the counter drinking his coffee and reading his newspapers. Where was my cup? I mean even if I don't like coffee he could have offered me some.

Oh suck it up Ivory, don't be a whinge I told my self. I walked over and noticed in the bin broken plates and smiled. I could smell something burning and smiled. Did he try to cook?

"Do you want breakfast?" I asked trying to cover my grin. He gave me a curt nod and walked off and I broke into a wide smile. So apparently my man had a ego problem, couldn't ask anyone for help.