Chapter Nine

6 Months Ago

I placed my ear at the door listening carefully at my parents talking to someone. Apparently the groom and his stupid parents were here. Oh what joy. 

But of course I refused to go out. I really didn't need to see his bold head and pot belly, I was just going to close my eyes and say the vows, there was no way I was going to look into a wrinkled face, that was just torture. 

I could hear suggestions for the menu.

"Seafood is always excellent,"

I gagged, only my mother would suggest that. Wasn't I meant to plan my own wedding? Oh wait I didn't want to right. I still remembered chucking a pillow at my parents when they came in yesterday and asked me if I wanted to share my opinion with the theme and such.

Maybe I shoudn't have acted to hastily. 

"No, we'll see other options as well," said my father's voice and I sighed. Thank god.

"I know a marriage planner, we should see them," said another voice I never recognised. Maybe the grooms mother?

"Ivory! Why don't you come down and say hi?"

My body froze and I stood up straight, shit. 

Present Time

Another day more torture I thought as I walked downstairs.

Darius was already up reading the newspaper and I scoffed. Typically poshness. Was poshness even a word? Oh well...

Wait.  

I did a double take, he was wearing casual jeans and a blue button up top. Holy mother of hotness. Please don't drool Ivory

 "Good you're up. You sleep worse than my grandmother," he said.

I opened my mouth to defend myself when it hit me, was he just joking with me?

"I do not," I said lamely.

He raised an eyebrow and folded his paper and stood up.

"All right then let's go," he said grabbing the keys.

"To where?" I asked. I hadn't even eaten yet! And lets just say fairy floss and a sausage roll was not what I call dinner. I was starving.

"Um, Marge told me she booked us in for some boat cruise," he said rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

"Fine let's go, I'll  just get my bag," I said rushing back upstairs. Oh boy a river cruise! Maybe I could go diving! 

I packed spare clothes in case I did and grabbed a few essentials and raced back time in record time.

"Took your time," he said leaning against the door with his hands crossed and I gasped. As if! I took less than a half hour!

I followed him to the car. I was going to say we could just walk there, since it was close but there was no point, I'd rather spend five minutes with silence in the car rather than a ten minute walk with the awkward silence. 

"So..." I said lamely trying to start a conversation as I buckled up, "Wassup?"

"Wow this is beautiful!" I said walking up to the boat.

"Good it took me-Marge a while to find it," he said. I barely registered what he said as I picked up a beautiful shell off the sand and rolled it around in my hand making sure I wasn't stealing some creatures home.