Chapter Thirty -One

"So what did he say?"

"What did who say?" asked Darius, helping me out of the car.

"Alphonso, before," I reminded him, curious about what they talked about. Damn, I should have paid more attention in French classes back in school. 

"Oh," he said with a slight pause and then turned around heading back toward out hotel. "Nothing."

I hurried after him. Nothing? Well, he clearly said something. I hurried into the elevator and turned around, wincing as I saw all the orange powder that stained the clean foyer. Oh boy, the hotel wasn't going to be too happy with us. But then, again seeing as it was Darius, they probably wouldn't even care.

Wait, this was the surprise?

I got out at our level, walking toward the room when the main suite room opened and Adrian sauntered out, all clean.

"Wow, you guys aren't even ready yet," he said, smirking as he leaned against the wall as Darius grabbed the key out of his pocket.

"We will be soon. What are we doing?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. What was this big surprise? Judging by the way Adrian was dressed, casual, it couldn't be anything big.

"You'll see and oh, good luck washing all that colour out of your hair," he said laughing as he followed Darius into our room.  

I touched the top of my head, only to feel that my hair was a rat's nest. I could only imagine the pain of trying to untangle it.

"You go first," said Darius as he headed toward the other side of the room. I shrugged as a way of answering, then walked toward my suitcase and lay it on the floor to dig for clothes. Adrian came standing behind me, poking my head.

"Do you have a problem?" I snapped, getting irritated.

"Yes, your hair is a mess."

"Thanks," I mumbled, grabbing jeans and a casual top and standing up. Adrian smiled at me and I shook my head heading toward the bathroom. Surely my hair wasn't that bad.

Yeah, my hair wasn't bad. It was a disaster! There was so much colour in it, making it even harder to comb it out. Giving up, I decided I might try washing it out. 

I hopped into the shower, letting the warm water soak me from head to toe. I looked at the floor as the orange water went to the drain. God, this was ridiculous. Who knew how much powder could stick to a person? 

After an hour of tugging, probing and clawing my hair, I finally got it untangled, and managed to rip a quarter of my hair out. The Colour Run, or whatever it was called in French, was amazing, but the aftermath was horrible.

Maybe next time I'll take a hat.

"Hurry up, Iv!" 

I rolled my eyes rushing to get ready. I probably did take a long time. I looked in the mirror, still seeing some patches of orange on my skin that just wouldn't go. Cursing under my breath, I tied my wet hair into a loose ponytail and opened the door.

Adrian was leaning on it and fell back before gaining his step and standing up, clearing his throat. "Nothing happened." 

"If you say so."

"You took your time," he muttered. I waved him off, realizing he was holding a bag.

"What's in that?" I asked. 

"You'll see. Come on, Darius had to use my shower because you took forever. What were you even doing, having a nap?"

I narrowed my eyes at him as he dragged me outside where Darius was against the limo talking on his phone. That reminds me, I still had his phone. Did he really buy a phone just for this trip? Doesn't that make him a workaholic?