Chapter Six

6 Months Ago

What do I say? WHAT DO I SAY

I SAY NO OF COURSE

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BOTH THINKING, ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN MY LIFE, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY WHAT IF HE'S LIKE SOME MASSIVE SERIAL KILLER OR SOMETHING? YOU'RE GOING TO KILL YOUR ONLY DAUGHTER?"

My parents looked at me. My mother had an expressionless face as normal while my father seemed a bit guilty looking.

"Dea-"

"Ivory you really have no option. If you break this deal you will cause a rivallry and a fight. He has no problem so neither should you. This is the final decision," she said and with that she elegantly walked out.

My father stood up sighing and I turned to him.

"Dad," I whined tears brimming in my eyes. How much could one handle in one day.

"I'm sorry Ivory, your mother is right. You should end things with that boy and marry this man." he said. I sighed as he left and yelled in frustration kicking the chair. Of course, James  was the small boy and this so called man was a brave man was he?

I scoffed, why in the world was I protecting the guy who just deceived me. Maybe this wont be so bad? Who was I kidding.

Marrying a total stranger? I'd rather eat seafood for the rest of my life

Present Time

Before I could even reply he stood up grabbing my palm and lifting me up. I noticed Adrian had also gone off with some girl to the dancing room.

"I don't really want to, it's fine," I said waving a hand but stumbled when he walked pulling me with him. Fine then.Why ask when you were going to make me anyway?

I sighed, I should stop giving him a hard time, which I wasn't but he was just trying to act like the perfect husband when really we both knew he probably wanted nothing to do with this and me at all.

Well  he should have said no when he had the chance.

The music was slow which was good, there was no bumping or tripping over other couples but the slow music meant the couples had to talk. So while everyone else were talking we just danced, not even a single word muttered.

So much for a good dance eh?

I met Alicia's eye contact and she raised her eyebrows fast twice and I cocked my head to the side mouthing "What?"

I really didn't understand all the mixed signals this girl was giving me today. She giggled and whispered something in Jake's ear and he turned around smiling. Were they talking about me?

"There you all are," said Miss Alvins barging in her long dress trailing behind her. I looked to the side and watched her go up and grasp Jake and Alicia and then come over to us.

"The main reason I had this was to introduce my son but he's delayed his trip for another week. I just wanted to privately remind you that next week, all four of you must come. I'll tell Margret and call you Alicia," she said.

I internally groaned, another week coming back to this place. Oh god save me!

Alicia on the other hand looked too excited and nodded.