Press Release No 15

'Sat-nan for wanderer'  ( The Times 3/04/2013)

****

A great-grandmother in Manchester (England) who suffers dementia and is prone to often wandering from her home has been given a tracking device by the local council so that her daughter can log-on to check her mother's whereabouts.  The device is attached to her keys.  The device is called Buddi.

****

This is a problem that will be common for anyone who has elderly relatives who suffer from dementia.  They can often wander at any time of day and any technology that can be used to help is welcome.  However there is no indication of whether there is a foolproof method of ensuring she is always with her keys!!  This is not new, many parents use such devices to track the whereabouts of children via mobile phones and suspicious spouses often do so surreptitiously to their partners. Still if it helps to keep her safe and reduce the stress on her daughter then maybe it is a good thing.

****

Elderly relatives prone to wandering

Worry not this is just the thing:

Tracking device so you can keep an eye

On where she is whatever the time

Just one snag to this Buddi idea

It can be misplaced too, where did I put it? Oh dear!!

****

Written by Vernicho ( 3 April 2013 ) Copyright ( All Rights Reserved )