Press Release No 18

'Why we should all know how to tie knots'  (The Times 6/4/13 Weekend Section)

****

In 1974 a Frenchman, Philippe Petit, astonished the world by performing on a tightrope between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Centre.  Apparently some 40 years later he has now published a book on tying knots.  He explains that having fired the wires across the gap between the towers with a crossbow, he was dependent on his friends on the opposite roof to follow his 21 page illustrated instructions for knotting the wires together so that he could attempt his daredevil walk. His love for knots is clear and his childhood consisted of weaving hemp and knotting ropes to build tree-houses. An incredibly fascinating tale, read it if you can. His story is also a film ' Man on the Wire' (2008) which won an Oscar for best documentary.

****

The police tried to arrest him for making his high walk

But NYC applauded him for doing more than talk the talk

A film about him won an Oscar his deed will not be forgot

But he only could achieve this feat by tying the right KNOT!

So if this is not something you can do, then he has written a book

All manner of knots to practice, perhaps take a look

It is reasonably priced it will not break the bank

It tells how to knot a Bowline, Granny or Sheep-shank!!!.

So just get knotted, you know you want to, think of all the things you could tie up!!!

****

Written by Vernicho ( 6 April 2013 ) Copyright ( All Rights Reserved )