Press Release No 6

'Policeman reports son 13, for fraud over iPad bill'  (The Times Tue 26 March 2013)

****

A teenage boy aged 13 ran up a bill of £1,700 on his father's credit card buying apps from the Apple Store.  The father complained but Apple refused to refund saying that as passwords had been used they had not been purchased accidentally.  His credit card company informed him that they cannot act unless he has been the victim of fraud so he promptly reported his son for fraud.  Apparently many parents have faced similar situations with their children, one boy aged 5, ran up a bill of £17,000 buying weapons and ammunition for an iPad game, 'Zombies and Ninjas'.

****

I blame the moronic parents.  What on earth are they doing letting their children use their credit cards and passwords?  Have they no sense?  Let alone why a 5 year old a) has an iPad, b) is playing a violent game called 'Zombies and Ninjas' c) using credit cards without supervision.  You absolutely idiotic parents, has life taught you nothing?  Your lazy parenting causes this.  And Mr Policeman, you have committed fraud by lying to your credit card company, you gave your son the card and its password information.  Do you think your son will benefit from having a conviction for fraud?  Suck it up and pay the bill it is down to your own stupidity.  And I hope your credit card company prosecute you for attempted fraud. 

****

You are the parent so do your job,

Teach your child, don't be a slob,

Give responsibility gradually,

Not before they seem ready,

You may want life not to be so hard,

But never give your child YOUR CREDIT CARD!!

rant over.

Written by Vernicho ( 26 March 2013 )  Copyright ( All Rights Reserved )