Chapter 16

Hope you enjoy! xoxo

-XxreadabookxX and RolyatEnaj_

                                                                       **********

To the hell with this. 

To the hell with everything. 

What is it that no one understands? Everyone is completely heartless. 

Feeling the sweat drip down the side of my face, fatigue was starting to kick in. Feeling as far away from people as possible, I slowed my sprinting down to a slow jog 'til I was just walking. 

Lifting my sore legs, I silently cursed at the scrapes. At least, the blood was dry...but, it still hurts like hell. 

Spotting a nearby public bench, I took a seat, needing to catch my breath after my explosion with Michaela. 

And even now.. When I returned to school, I didn't get a second alone! Everyone's heartless glances-

I shook my own voice out of my head. I don't know what came over me. Where my boost of confidence came from, but I had it. 

After I seemed to catch my breath, I sighed, reliving the past hour. 

* An hour earlier. *

I hid my face behind a curtain of my hair once again as I tried to blend in. It wasn't exactly a success, considering my new "friends" from yesterday had spindled more lies to whatever story their tiny minds created. The bruise on my face supposedly added more rumors, but I learned to just ignore everything. 

And stay clear from Michaela and her sidekicks. 

"Bryony!" A female voice shouted, the bitterness in her voice was as clear as glass. 

And apparently, my life is just full of bad luck.

I didn't need to look to know who it was. Michaela, most likely accompanied by her clique. 

Picking up my pace, I skillfully winded through the crowd, which wasn't hard since they made space to stare at me. 

"After her!" Was all I needed to hear to have me bursting through the entrance doors of the school.

Taking a quick glance behind me, I ran for the student parking lot. About halfway down it, I was tackled to the gravel. 

I raised my hands out in front of me to break my fall. The stinging in my knees began as I crashed into the gravel. I clenched my jaw to keep from screaming. I've had worst, I repeated in my head to stop the pain from affecting me as much.

Whoever tackled me moved off of me and got up to their feet. The air finally returning to my lungs. Bringing myself to my feet as well, I tried my hardest not to focus on my new wounds. 

The clique circled me as the queen bee made her way over, a sneer on her face aimed directly at me. 

"You're really stupid, aren't you? You ruin my boyfriend's life then act like an innocent brat. But I see through the bad acting. We all do. When are you going to give up?" She scoffed before rolling her eyes, "You pathetic attention seeker." She placed a hand on her hip as she laughed humorlessly, "My work is pretty, don't you think? Black eyes are totally your thing."

"Maybe we should even things out. The other eye is getting jealous," she cocked her head to the side, a devilish smirk formed on her lips. 

Fear? Yes, I was scared. Who wouldn't be? But, most of all, I was pissed. She knew absolutely nothing! She has no fucking clue about what I went through!

As she lunged, I quickly dodged, pushing her back when I had the chance. It was better than I expected as she toppled over in those death heels she wore. 

The look of surprise on her face (and probably mine also) was priceless and immediately replaced with outrage as she pushed her friends away, who tried to help her up. 

"You fucking bitch!" She screeched as she brought herself back up to her feet, "You listen to me, wench, when I-"

"No! Why don't you listen to me?" I shouted back with the same velocity, the confidence in me building as her and her posse became silenced by my outburst. 

After swallowing hard down my dry throat I continue, "You know me as the girl who was tortured, but everyone assumes that I liked everything he did to me. That-that I asked for it! You assume that I made it all up for attention! You people are...unbelievable!" I yelled at her, needing to get everything out, and I didn't care that I was yelling at Michaela. "You know nothing! You don't know half of what your 'boyfriend'," I pointed at her, not giving a damn that she was taller than me, "put me through! You want to know what really happened? Fine! I'll tell you the whole. Damn. Thing!" I clenched my fists and kept them at my side to keep from breaking those perfect teeth. "We had an assignment and I was partnered with him. I was stunned, if I'm being honest, but I soon found out that me being partnered with Adam wasn't as good as I had imagined. He locked me up - in this disgusting basement - for...weeks? Months? I still don't even know! I was fed scraps of food and he... he fucking tortured me every single day that I was stuck in that cell." 

Taking a deep breath, I roughly wiped away my tears to look Michaela in the eyes as I continued, "I was sliced...cut and even dragged! Stabbed, thrown...you fucking name it! I slept in my own blood," Breathing in shakily, I tried to calm myself, but it didn't quite work. "One day, I actually escaped. But he found me and pulled me back by my hair - and things only got worst," I choked on the tightness of my throat as each memory was uncovered, the scars on my body feeling like weights. 

My face was, without a doubt, covered with tears. I wiped them away, but instantly my eyes refill with a never-ending supply.

"The police found me eventually and Adam was arrested. I woke up in the hospital, too scared to be touched by another human. Can you imagine how that feels? To be scared of your own mother's touch?" I laugh out of disbelief, remembering back, "And even now. When I  returned to school, I didn't get a second alone! Everyone's heartless glances and hurtful comments.. But worst of all, I was attacked by morons like you who 'think' they know the story." I quoted the word. 

"You're all heartless! You assume, and act before you even get your facts straight!"

They didn't speak. For once, that nonstop mouth on Michaela was stapled shut as they stared at me, the guilt obvious in their eyes. Only now, their speechless? I rolled my eyes.

Feeling the rage in me die, I cleared my throat and spoke as calmly as I could to the people in front of me," There. There's the damn story. I just want to be left the fuck alone. Understand that, cause if you ever come back to start with me- You say, "Im a bitch?" , ill show you what a bitch I can be."

With that, I looked at each and every one of their guilt filled faces before turning to walk away and have them out of my sights.

Bastards. All of them.

I could think of so many creative things to do to them to stake my revenge. Maybe I should go back an-

No! What am I thinking? They deserve it, yes, but this isn't me.

Shoving Michaela wasn't what I was going for- I can't let them do this to me. Adam.. All of them, I can't let them beat me.

I wont turn into a monster because of this.

So much things were crowding my thoughts, I needed to run.

* * *

I sigh, feeling a bit better.

I was now back on school grounds, waiting for my ride to come. My mother pulled up against the curb, pulling me in for a hug once I got into the car.

I quickly placed my palms over my scraped up knees, not wanting my mother to ask once again. I got her to stop asking about the black eye, but if she sees this, she wont let it go.

"How was school, honey?," She asked in her motherly tone.

I half-smiled, looking out the window as I answered," It was fine."

Yup. Just fine.

                                                                          **********

please vote/fan/comment

:P thanks for reading!