Chapter 5

Hope you enjoy ;)

-XxreadabookxX and RolyatEnaj_

                                                        **************

   After a few minutes of hiding in the closet I can tell that Adam’s confidence has shot down. I think he has given up looking for me and I heave a sigh of relief. Then I hear the door of this room open and I bite my lip. I can’t breathe, I actually cannot breathe! The darkness in the closet is broken when he opens the door. I shut my eyes and want to turn invisible.

   Please don’t see me!

   I peek one eye open. He tosses his jacket into the closet and staring at the door he begins to undress. I immediately shut my eyes again not wanting to see that. I can feel him looking through the different clothes. I clench my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palms. Then he leaves. I hear the door open and shut and I think I’m safe! I did it!

   I slowly creep out of the closet and open the door. I don’t see Adam anywhere so I take a step out. Big mistake!

   Large, strong hands are wrapped around my neck, squeezing so tight that my body has become numb. No matter how hard I try to breathe I just end up making the pain worse. He presses one of his hands onto my stomach and I yelp in pain although it comes out more like a whisper. I try to pry his arms off of me but it’s no use, he’s too strong and I’m too weak from the lack of breath. He then slams my body onto the floor. I’m lying on my back, my body in searing pain from my throat to my stomach. I choke, cough, gasp, cry. I can’t regain my proper breathing so I just lay there, my head sore from how he threw me.

   “Shows you right for trying to run away.” This time there is no smile when he talks. “You don’t think I wouldn’t notice you, stupid girl.” I so badly want to break his face but fear over comes me. I’m never going to get out of here alive.

   He drags me, actually drags me to the doorway and stairs.

   “So, do you want to walk down the stairs or do I have to drag you?” he asks glaring at me.

   “Walk.” I choke out. It begins a coughing fit but I don’t care. I slowly try to stand up but my body is in so much pain, so much agony that I don’t get far off the floor. He grabs my arms and yanks me up which I can feel has made my stomach wound open wider. He pushes me and I stumble down the stairs.

   “Now, I need to teach you a lesson for trying to run away from me.” He says, his smile returning.

   “Get on the table!” he hisses sharply. I wince at his harsh tone. After a few seconds of disobeying him he turns to me and frowns. “Get. On. The. Table!” he repeats except this time he separates each word like it is its own sentence.

   I slowly and reluctantly walk to the table and lie on my back. He walks over to me and does the straps so tight that I struggle to breathe. He grabs a glass shard holds it to my face, not pressing hard enough to make a slice.

   “Do you know what; no one even noticed that you were gone today. No one asked where you were or why you weren’t there. No one loves you.” He begins digging in with the glass. I shut my eyes and flinch when he does. He basically just told me that no one cares about me, that I’m all alone. Tears fill my eyes and slowly run down my cheeks. After leaving a slice of my face he touches it. I scream in agony as rubs his hand against it.

    He then raises his hand to his face to admire my blood, he clenches his hand lifts up my shirt to see his other cut. I look down to see how it is and it looks much worse, infected even. I look away and he picks up a butchers knife. He doesn’t aim it at me he aims it at himself and slices along his arm. I see his flesh hanging and blood dropping to the floor.

   “You lunatic!” I scream as viciously as I can.

   All he does is laugh. His laugh is loud and long. He holds my face in one of his hands and says, “You truly were the best partner I’ve ever had.”

   He unstraps me and I’m so full of anger and pain that I punch him with all of my strength and he stumbles backwards making some sharp tools clank. He looks up at me with his big blues and I see evil in them. I swear they are saying I’m crazy all over them. He pulls back his fist, ready for fire, like a slingshot, and punches me hard enough that I go flying backwards and don’t stop until I hit a wall. He then walks over to me, menacingly and grabs my hair. Still on the floor, he drags me to my new home, my cage. This time when he locks me in he puts the key in his back pocket and walks out of the room.

   How do I get out of here?!

                                                          **********

vote/comment/fan