Chapter 2

Chapter 2!

:D read it!

vote/comment/fan

thanks for reading

-XxreadabookxX and RolyatEnaj_

                                                                 ****************************

Following behind him, I couldn't help but feel a bit confused.

The inside of the house was just as rundown as the outside, which had me wondering. It barely looked like life lived here. It was hard for me to even think that he actually lived here. An eerie feeling immediately came over me.

Dust lay over everything, like no one has been here in forever. The wooden floor looked like it could give at any moment, not looking reliable enough for me to step without making a creak. The mirrors coated with dust to the point where you couldn't see anything at all. The bad odour of the house was strong; smell of rot, stale air, thick with dust. Above all, it was just plain horrible. The brightness of the room wasn't much, just a few narrow rays of light bursting through spaces in the boarded windows. Absolute silence filling the air, not even the sound of any type of electronic device.

Who would live in this type of house? I don't even think this is his house. Why would he-

A type of click sounded behind me, as I turned to see him lock the door. The deep gut-wrenching feeling getting worse as he turned to look down at me.

I tried my best not to overreact to this. Maybe I'm thinking wrong?

Trying to keep my voice as levelled as possible, I asked, "Adam.. Why'd you lock the door?" I cursed mentally at the shakiness of it.

I was already creeped out by everything, but the sickly sweet smile that suddenly looked nothing close to friendly, terrified me. The look in his eyes, focused right on me, as if I was his prey. He folded up the sleeves of his shirt, never taking his eyes off of me.

I took a hesitant step back,  "Adam.. What are you doing? What's going on?"

He mirrored my movement, his already twisted smile widening as he spoke, "I've been waiting for a new victim."

The way he said it sent a cold chill down my spine. It was so terrifying, so haunting. I honestly had no clue what he was talking about, but the gut feeling I was getting was saying otherwise. Victim? Victim of what?

"Uhm.. Adam. Maybe we can do the assignment another day? I think I should get home," No matter how hard I tried, the fright in my voice was clear.

He feigned sadness as he sighed, "I'm sorry Bryony. I can't let you do that. I still have...lots of work to do. But I promise you, it'll be.. fun." It sounded anything but, another creepy chill running up my arms.

And all I could think at that moment was, I needed to get the hell out of here.

Without a second to waste, he lunges towards me. My immediate reaction being to run. Ducking, I ran down a dark hallway entering the only open door and running straight to the boarded window. I clamped my hands wherever they could fit and tugged against the wood, pulling at my hardest to take it off, break it at least.

It was no use though, which was unbelievable to me. It looked so worn out, but it felt so new. Stepping back, I kicked at it, but of course, no result.

Deep, dark chuckles reached my ears as I spun around to see Adam leaning against the door frame, watching me with amusement. The fright within me was too much to explain at this moment. My heart was racing so fast, I swear, he could hear it.

I backed up, putting as much space as I could between us, until I couldn't move anymore. He shook his head, smiling the same sickly smile that seemed to never leave his face.

"Its useless to run, sweetheart," he laughed darkly. I shook my head, trying to shake myself out of what I hoped was my colourful imagination. But it wasn't.

This was real.

                                                     *********************************

thanks for reading

please vote/fan/comment

:P