Chapter 4

-XxreadabookxX and RolyatEnaj_

                                                           ************************

Opening my heavy eyes, I flinched at the burning feeling that singed my stomach.

I craned my neck to look around, feeling the panic in me rise. Where was I? Is this.. a cage? Sitting myself up, I hissed at the pain it caused, even just by the smallest amount of movement. Lifting up my already blood coated shirt, I lifted at the bandage.

Cringing at the sight, I gently tapped it back down, trying to remember how I got it. My memory was all fuzzy. All i could remember was following Adam to his...

The padding of footsteps had me immediately looking up into the blue eyes. Adam.

"Morning Bryony! Have a nice sleep?," he asked in excitement as he looked over my appearance. I tried to move further away from him as he approached, but I could barely keep myself from hissing and clenching my aching stomach.

I glared up at him, but that smile on his face never faltered. Not even the slightest bit.

"Well, I have school. Ill be back in about six hours. Here's some food," He says handing me a tray of scraps like a few pieces of bread some brown apple and a bit of what looks like meat.

Before I can say one word, he was gone.

So, hes going to school and leaving me here?

I glanced at the scraps that were infront of me. How could I eat? Especially when I'm like this? Kicking the tray away from me, I clamped onto the metal bars that I was locked in, cradling my stomach with my left.

"Okay, come on Bryony. You can do this," I breathed. Gripping onto the metal, I pulled myself off the floor. Breathing in a sharp intake of breath as the pain doubled, I let go and fell back onto the dirty floor. My eyes started to water as I took a deep breath in.

I needed to get the hell out of here.

And I had only six hours or less to do so.

Breathing in again, I let out a throaty sigh as I clasped my right hand onto the metal bars once again. I can do this. I can.

I lifted my weight, holding my breath as I did so. My weak arms shook until they gave as I fell back onto my bottom, the pain worsening like no other. I cursed lowly, grinding my teeth together to stop myself from screaming.

Closing my eyes, I felt the tears stream down my cheeks. I swallowed, my throat dry as my breathing came out in short pants. I sat there, for how long? I'm not quite sure, but I needed to catch my breath.

Extending my right arm out, I gripped onto the bars again. "Okay. Lets try this again," I told myself.

Pulling myself up, I barely managed to stand as my hand almost slipped off. I got to my feet, my wound feeling like it was lit on fire. I bit onto my tongue, so hard it could have drawn blood. 

Feeling my knees shake, I hugged myself to the metal bars, keeping myself up. The sweat that damped my forehead falling down my face.

Keeping my face on the cold metal, I closed my eyes, catching my breath once again. Okay, I got up. That's a good start.

Opening my eyes, I felt the metal with my right. Coming up with nothing until I felt it. Looking at it, I sighed tiredly. It was a padlock, that needed keys. Which he probably had.

The helplessness overcoming me once again as I pulled at it. Each movement feeling like a stab to the gut.

"Hello?! Can anyone hear me? Please, help me!, "I yelled at the top of my lungs, each word worsened the pain, but I ignored it as much as I could.

For what seemed like hours, I yelled, incase someone heard me. My throat hurting as I tried again, "Anybody? Please. Help me!.. Please.." My hoarse voice sounding awful, just exactly how I felt.

No one's coming for me. No one at all.

The tears that I knew were running, blurred my vision. Sniffling, I held myself up as I took my left hand and wiped away the tears with the back of my hand.

I looked outside of the cage I was in. Running my eyes over the sharp tools that lay there, I felt the fear creep into me. Glancing at the table that I was strapped into...

Looking away, I found myself staring at a book shelf of some sort. It was empty. No books or anything at all besides a small key.

A small key..

I thanked my lucky stars to find that the book shelf wasn't that far away from me. Reaching out as far as the bars would let me, I let out a breath when I felt the wood of it.

Stretching as far as I could, my fingers grazed the small metal. The pain was excruciating, but I ignored it as I tried to pull the key closer to me.

And then, I heard a clank.

I cursed as I looked at the key that was now on the floor. Getting to my knees as slowly as possible, I stuck my leg through the metal bars. Feeling for the key with my toes, I finally came upon it.

Pulling it closer to me, I laughed tiredly as I stuck my hand out and took the key with my fingers.

Pulling myself back up to my feet, my hands feeling quickly for the lock. Fiddling with it for a few minutes, I got it unlocked.

Taking of the padlock, I dropped it onto the ground, pushing the metal door out as I walked out. Heading for the stairs, I hurried to get out.

Walking back out, I headed for the front door.

Only to freeze as I heard his voice.

"Bryony! I'm back!," the eerie cheerfulness to it making me shake with fear. My heart thudded and banged against my chest as I looked around frantically.

Oh God, no.

I ran as fast and quietly as I could back down the hallway. Entering a room, I closed the door softly before looking around. Going up to the window, I examined it carefully and as quickly as possible.

It was really boarded up good. I couldn't possibly try t-

His dark laughter echoed throughout the place, before he said aloud," Bryony, Bryony, Bryony." The way he said my name, paranoia seeping into me as I opened up the closet, hiding inside.

Trying my best not to cough at all the dust, I hid myself behind the clothes that were in there, calming myself down so my breathing could go quiet.

"I know your still here..," He called out to me. I closed my eyes shut as tight as they would go as I gripped onto the clothes infront of me.

"I'll find you," He said without a hint of doubt in his voice, one which sounded closer than before. The panic in me rising as I heard the floorboards creak with each step he took. In which direction? I couldn't tell.

Please dont find me.. Please don't find me..

                                                                          *******************

vote/comment/fan :)