Chapter 22

This is the first time I've been out of bed in two weeks. It's hard to find motivation. I'm only leaving the house today because I have to, Ren wants me to go to her wedding dress fitting with her. Coincidentally, Marshall's going with Rule to a tuxedo fitting. I think they did that on purpose, they only want to be away from each other when they have to be. I'm jealous of them. Marshall and I used to be like that.
Over the course of the past couple weeks, the guys managed to make double what was needed to rebuild the gym. The remaining money was divided up between the fighters. Marshall received $17,000.
Remembering that I'm still in bed, I blink my eyes open and sigh, I really don't want to get up. Marshall's in the shower, the water is rather loud and I wonder how I managed to sleep through it. I swing my legs off the bed and take off his t shirt. Shuffling around on the floor, I find some jeans and a bra. Where is my shirt?
The water stops in the shower and I hear him clanking around on the other side of the door. I look around the room and find one of my shirts under a pair of his jeans. We really need to clean.
Marshall opens the bathroom door and steps into the bedroom. A towel is tied around his hips, and he's still damp, making it seem like he's glistening. I stop and have to take a second to find my breath. I stare at him for a moment and then blush, pulling my shirt on.

"Checking me out?" He teases, walking over.

"Well you are naked." I point out.

"No I'm not." He says, and tosses his towel to the side. "Now I am."

I don't know why but I shield my eyes. I think it's because usually when he's naked, I'm naked too, and now that he's the only one I'm getting shy. I hear his rumbling laugh come closer and my heart flutters.

"Why are you covering your eyes?" He laughs, pulling my hands down. He's so close now I can't see his bottom half anyway. "You've seen it all before."

"You're not usually naked just for the hell of it." I explain. "We're usually...you know." I blush again.

"We can 'you know' if you want to." He smirks. "I already got the naked part down."

I can feel my cheeks turn bright red and I look down at the floor. Only the problem with that is, I see Marshall's bottom half now and my eyes shoot right back up. He's laughing at me, and I'm unsure where to look so I just close my eyes.

"So innocent." He laughs, guiding me by the chin to kiss him. "It's cute."

"I gotta go I'm going to be late." I say in between his kisses.

"Be late." He demands, placing his hands on my waist.

"No." I tell him, pushing his hands off.

Marshall looks at me with an unreadable expression for a moment, like he's shocked I said no to him. Then, he kisses me quick and let's me pass. I hurry for the door, I can't think about a naked Marshall in the bedroom for too long, it's distracting.

***

Ren rambles on and on about how great her wedding is going to be. I half listen as a courtesy, but I'm not interested. I'm not interested in any of this. At least not today. It's been a while, but my chest still tightens every time I think about it.

"I think you're going to like it." She tells me, guiding me towards the fitting section of the bridal salon. "It's kind of vintage, his mom saw a photo of it in a magazine and insisted that I wear it."

She babbles about how Rule's mother is so happy about them getting back together. I nod in appropriate places and laugh occasionally. She continues to talk through the curtain, changing into the vintage gown I've been hearing about. She ceases momentarily and then asks if I'm ready to see it. I let out a half hearted yes and the curtain opens.
Holy crap. She looks, beautiful. Rule's mother picked this? My jaw is hanging open. It's all lace, with full length sleeves and it's form fitting. Without showing any skin it makes her look mysteriously sexy. Rule's type of sexy.