Chapter 20

Today is Marshall's big day. And by big day I mean it's the day of his rematch. We have stayed in bed most of the day. I've been feeling particularly tired lately. Probably just hormones or something. Marshall returns from the front room and stops at the edge of the bed. He looks effortlessly sexy. Grey sweatpants hanging low on his hips, hugging them in all the right places. His bruised up chest shifts as he breathes.
I smile at him and he smirks back, crawling into bed only halfway up. He pushes up the fabric of the t shirt I'm wearing to expose my stomach. It's larger now, still small but bigger than before. Marshall lays his hand over it and the contrast of his warmth on my skin causes goosebumps. He laughs, and rubs over my stomach with his thumb.

"What time do we have to be there?" I ask him.

"I have to be there at four." He tells me. "The fight isn't until seven, you can come later."

"I want to go with you." I tell him.

"What do you think it is?" He asks, changing the subject and rubbing my belly lightly.

"I don't know." I answer, running my hand through his hair slowly.

"What do you want it to be?" He tries again, kissing my side.

"I don't care."

I laugh at the look he gives me. He looks so young right now, he looks carefree and happy. I always want him to look like this. Like his smile is genuine and full of love. It hurts to think it all could be shattered and broken in a few hours. I despise Taylor Decko, I hope he breaks both of his hands before the fight so he forfeits.
Marshall smirks at my false grin and shifts up on the bed, now eye level with me. My shirt is still up over my stomach and Marshall entwines our legs to keep me warm. I snuggle against his naked chest, careful not to disturb his bruises, and he puts his arm around me.

"You know we're gonna have to name it right?" He jokes.

I push his shoulder playfully and he laughs, it rumbles his chest.

"Seriously, have you thought of anything?" He asks me, pulling my shirt back down and turning his attention to me.

"Not much." I say shrugging. "Have you?"

"No." He shakes his head. "It's crossed my mind a few times, but I've never put thought into it."

"What about Josh?" I offer, gazing up at his eyes. "Well Joshua actually, after his uncle."

Marshall turns my chin towards him and his smile is a mile wide.

"You would do that?" He asks, beaming at me.

"Well, yeah." I tell him. "I'd name it whatever you want."

"I think Josh is great." He kisses my cheek and I feel him smiling against my skin. "Alright." He pulls off too soon and checks the clock next to the bed. "We gotta go."

***

I've been sitting with Ren in our usual spots for about an hour. Other people have begun to come in and settle in seats of their own for the fight. My lower back aches and I think it's from sitting too long. Ren is sitting silently beside me, scoping the crowd.

"So did you pick a date for the wedding?" I ask, directing her attention away from her search.

"We're thinking August." She says. "His parents want a big wedding."

"And you don't?" I raise a brow at her.

"I'd prefer a smaller one." She explains. "But since we did that the first time, they think it's bad luck to do it that way again."

I nod in agreement and she immediately goes back to looking around the gym. More people have come in now and she watches the door closely. I furrow my brow at her but she doesn't seem to notice at all. I turn to look at the door also but feel a cramp in my abdomen. I wince and Ren looks at me with concern.