Chapter 7

When I wake it's nearly 2 in the afternoon. I blink my eyes to adjust to the awkward afternoon lighting. I roll over and see a half naked Marshall in bed beside me. His lower half is covered by a thin sheet and his lower back muscles disappear beneath it. For the first time in a couple weeks his back is clear of bruising. His shoulder blades flex in his sleep as he breathes and he looks, immortal. I shift closer to him. The sheet covering me brushes across my naked chest and I smile remembering the night before.
Marshall and I made love six times throughout the course of the night into the early morning. Each time was heavenly. After being separated for so long it's hard for us to keep our hands off of each other. We've barely been out of the apartment since he's been back. With the exception of food and the general sake of getting fresh air.
I reach across to the bedside table and retrieve my phone to see if I've got anything. I hope Ren's texted me. I miss her and it wasn't right for Rule to yell at her like that even though what she did was stupid. Everyone makes mistakes. Speaking of the devil I have a text from Rule.

Rule: Haven't heard from you guys in a while! Come by the gym later today okay? Could really use a visit

Me: Of course! He'll love to see everyone.

Rule: We all would love to see him.

I lock my phone and put it back down on the table. As I do so, Marshall shifts and rolls over so he's facing me. He's still sleeping and his face is half squished against the pillow. I move closer to him and brush my nose against his. His hazy blue eyes open halfway and he smiles, circling his arm around me and closing the remaining space separating us.

"Good morning." He says, in a groggy 'I just woke up' voice.

"Afternoon, actually." I correct, tapping to end of his nose with my index finger.

"Whatever." He smiles and shuts his eyes again.

"Oh no you don't. Wake up sleepy we're gonna go outside today." I say in a joking tone, planting a kiss on his forehead.

Marshall grunts and doesn't budge. I raise a brow and he opens one eye to see my reaction. He smirks when he sees it. He's gonna be difficult.

"Get your ass up." I nudge his shoulder and nothing happens. Marshall laughs at my weak attempt to move him. "Marshall get the fuck up." I start to laugh too and shove him again which only makes him laugh harder.

Soon he's hysterically laughing and I'm unsure what to do because I'm laughing too. His chest rumbles as he laughs. We go on for another minute or so and then the the laughter ceases. And we're back to square one.

"Don't make me take these sheets away from you." I threaten with a big grin, gripping the edge of the sheet.

"You wouldn't." He challenges, almost daring me to do so with his tone.

"Try me."

"Go for it. You know what's under there." He laughs, shuffling his hips, and pulling me closer, making me release the fabric.

I blush extremely hard and hide in his chest. I feel him laugh at my shyness and he rubs my back, burying his face in my neck and kissing me. He finds my lips and rolls me onto my back, snaking over me.

"No no no." I gently push Marshall back down to the bed.

"Why?" He whines, flopping down on his back and pouting his lip.

"Because we gotta get up, come on." I slide out of the bed and use his hoodie as a temporary cover up.

"You want me out you're gonna have to come and get me." He fluffs his pillow and then cuddles back up with it.