Chapter 13

For once, you will actually fight in this chapter, so (s/n) refers to shinki name! K. Have fun lol.
Also think of the song included in this chapter as the theme song for this story!
Your P.O.V.:
It had been quite a while since you had been in your weapon form. All the more reason to practice, as Yato did like to practice with you and Yukine every now and then.
Just in case something were to happen, it would be better to be prepared.

You stood your ground, prepared to be ready to attack if Yato needed you.
Here was the plan: Yukine would act as the attacker, prepared to assault Yato, as he called you into your weapon form.
He would use you to defend himself from Yukine.

"You guys ready?" Yato asked, readying himself.
Both you and Yukine nodded, getting into 'ready' position.
"Alright, Yukine go!" Yato ordered, as Yukine complied, running over to attack Yato.
"Come, (s/n)!" Yato called you into your weapon form.
"Right!" You said, feeling your body morph and mold into a form of defense for Yato's hands.
Though, you weren't just any type of weapon...
Actually, a regalia that could transfer into a weapon of your type was quite rare.
Your body morphed into a sleek gold bow, curved and arched with delicate silvery vines wrapped around its base, and a piercing sharp arrow materialized in Yato's hand.
You felt yourself focus on sharpening your arrow, making your goal to have the best chance at wounding your target.
Yato pulled back your string and arrow with two slender fingers, directing it at Yukine, who was still sprinting at full speed towards Yato.
He released you from his hold, as you felt yourself being launched at Yukine.
As you were not going to hurt him of course, you focused your attention on splitting yourself into two arrows to go around him.
You successfully did so, lodging yourself in a cherry tree behind him.
Yato's serious stature changed back into that of his more familiar silly nature.
"Good job guys!" Yato congratulated the both of you, as Yukine stood in front of Yato, breathing heavily.
You transformed back into your human form, landing on the ground with a light 'thud'.
You crossed your arms smiling to yourself.
"Still got it," you stated, confident in your attacking abilities.
You walked over to your two partners, high fiving the both of them.
"Is that all we're doing today? Just practicing?" You asked, fiddling with the ponytail your (h/c) hair was stuffed into.
Yato nodded, running his hand through his raven hair.
Suddenly, a large rumble followed by shaking erupted from the forest opposite of the clearing you were all standing in.
You all held onto each other to keep yourselves up.
"What the.. what was that?!" Yukine asked, his eyes looking around frantically from underneath his messy lgolden locks.
You both shrugged, as Yato began stalking towards the area of the forest the sound came from.
"Uh, not a good idea Yato!" You warned, but Yato continued to walk forward, as if he hadn't heard a word you said.
"Be ready.." he commanded both you and Yukine, as you both got into your fighting positions.
And then there was an eerily uncomfortable silence, but no one dared to interrupt it.
You waited, expecting something or even someone, to come out.

It appeared right before your eyes, a gigantic phantom towering thousands of feet above you, with a woman who stood on top, appearing to control it.
Your eyes widened in fear at its appearance, it was disturbing to even glance at.
It had devil like horns, but it had the body of a lion, with six slits for eyes, and a non-exsistent mouth.
Thought its paws had hundreds of sharpened poking and proded claws that looked as if they could cut through steel.
You were scared that today you might have gotten your second chance at death.
But why? What the hell was that thing and its intentions? And who was guiding it at the top?
Your eyes drifted to Yato, as he slowly backed away from the phantom and its master, hinting that you were all going to have to run at some point.
The woman at the top cackled evily, as she jumped off of the beast, falling several stories down.
She landed like a cat, gently on her feet.
She looked sickly, her matted ragged red hair pouring down her back, scar littered pale skin, and lizard like purple eyes that glinted at all three of you.
She stalked forward, as Yato continued to back away in horror.
"Ah Yato-gami, its been a long time, hm? A couple thousand years should we say?" Her voice came out slick and smooth, almost soothing, but it sent shivers down your back.
"How are you still..alive?" You heard Yato ask silently.
He seemed to be truly fearful of this woman, and that wasn't something that was seen from him very often.
"Oh I know, you'd thought that when you'd sliced me into two, I was dead for sure. Guess you thought wrong!" The woman sported dark humor.
"Uhh... Yato? Who is this woman..?" Your eyes swept sideways towards him once again.
The witch-like woman answered for him.
"Oh he didn't tell you about me?! How rude, Yato! I'm an old friend of his, Medusa. He really does owe me though!" She went on as if this was a normal conversation.
"W-what does he owe you?" Yukine sputtered, appearing just as fearful as Yato.
"Huh. Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha!!" The woman laughed as if she was insane, which was starting to appear to be true.
"He owes me a regalia, since he murdered all of mine of course. And almost murdered me!" Medusa said, leaning against a limb of the monsterous phantom.
Both you and Yukine looked at Yato with untrusting eyes, as you knew what Medusa was referring to.
It was in the past, when Yato got wishes to murder people.
He had moved past this stage as a god, but still, at times you were doubtful of becoming a regalia for the mysterious god.
"You two are his regalia?" She asked, thrusting two fingers in you and Yukine's direction.
You both nodded slowly, to which her crazy demeanor changed into a cold one.
"That's too bad.. I'm not looking forward to having to kill children."
Yato immediately pulled Medusa up by the clothing on her chest.
"Leave them out of this! They have nothing to do with any of this!"
She simply shook her head, as her body faded into mist, flowing away in the wind.
"Attack now, beast!" A personless command ordered, and the phantom above all of you roared, its screeches tearing apart the concrete beneath you.
Yato backed away, as this wasn't going to be something you were all able to fight.
"Come, Sekki!" Yato called Yukine's weapon name, going against what you thought.
You pulled back on Yukine's arm, refusing to let him transform.
"No. No way. That thing will tear you both to shreds. I can't lose both of you guys.." You said, refusing to let go of his arm.
"And if we don't, it'll destroy the city and its people. I've got no choice. I'm not losing you two either." Yato said, his arm reaching towards Yukine.
He was right, though. It was better to take a risk than to let thousands of innocent people die.
Yukine looke at you with loving eyes, as half of his body began forming into his familiar sword.
"Don't worry about me. I'm already dead remember?" He attempted to cheer you up.
Tears welled up in your eyes, as you pulled him in for an embrace.
"You're wrong, angels can't die."
(Oh my god plz kill me for putting that cheesy shit in the last chapter.)
You pulled away, looking into those sunset orbs that you loved, fearing this would be the last time you saw them.
He gave you a cheeky smile, before transforming into his full sword form.
And Yato jumped off into action.
'God, I should've never let them go.'
In the mean time, it was up to you to evacuate the town and its citizens.
It was your main priority, but you couldn't help looking back every now and then to look at your two companions fighting against the giant phantom.
They were losing.
Even Yato was being precise with quick movements and sharp attacks, the beast was better, always swatting him away as if he was a fly. He couldn't do this alone.

At long last, you shuffled the last citizen past the city gate, immediately turning back to go help your friends. But you became worried, only seeing the phantom standing still and not Yato attacking it.
Medusa had reappeared at the top of its head, angrily looking around for something.
But you didn't care. She wasn't what was important.
In your mind, you were thinking of what happened. But you couldn't but deny it. You wouldn't accept it.
You sprinted faster, your feet carrying you further.
'I didn't tell Yukine I loved him.' You thought as you ran even faster, despite your body desperately begging you to slow down.
You couldn't lie to your mind, but you needed proof.
And it wasn't too far to be found.
You saw ragged wrap strips strewn about all over the street and sidewalk.
No.
As you moved faster, the concentration of the wrap increased.
It can't be.
But it was, and you saw it. With your own eyes.
And you tried so hard to deny it, claiming your eyes were broken, your heart breaking inside your chest.
"Angels can't die, they just can't!!" You screamed falling to the ground, tears pouring down your face.
Yato was no where to be found, but there was something.
There, in the middle of the street, layed a silver blade, no longer glowing in its majestic aura, but broken in half.
It was Yukine's blade.

--**TO BE CONTINUED IN THE SEQUEL!--**

OOOOHHH large cliffhanger omg!! Sorry about that guys! Gotta keep the story interesting. Btw, I'm really sorry about the wait for this chapter!! Blame me for being a lazy little butt.
Anywho, the first chapter of the sequel will be up fairly soon! Consider it to be a week or so.
Anyways, did you guys enjoy this chapter? Hate it? Let me know! Also, thank you guys so much for helping me end this story at 5.5k reads! That is 5,500 reads. You guys actually took the time to read this, ajd for that I am so greatful.
I've been able to connect with so many of you guys, and you're all wonderful. I just can't wait to do it all over again in the sequel. By the way, the sequel titled I'll Never Let You Go, will have the first chapter up soon, so don't hesitate to check it out!
I love you guys. - DRAMA TYPHOON OUT!