Chapter 11: What Now?

Your P.O.V.:
You didn't know how to conduct yourself. In your eyes, you'd ruined everything for everyone.
Yukine would never be okay with his past. Sure enough, not only did he die young, but he was also abused. There's just no getting over something like that.
And Yato.. there's a reason why gods don't tell their regalia about their past. Just as he said, to help them lead a new life peacefully. By telling them, you're not being a justified god, and you could be sent to death.
Your fingers squeezed your hair as you rocked back and forth.
If Yato was sent to death, that meant you and Yukine were due for a stray life in darkness.
You would never see eachother again.
Burning tears ran down your cheeks as you stifled your cries.
'God what have I done.. What have I done?!'
You thought as you leaned your head against the wall.
"(Y/n)..?" Someone called your name.
You didn't bother to turn around to see who it was.
"What, what do you want?" You asked harshly.
"There's um.. food downstairs." The person sputtered nervously.
"I'm not hungry. Just give it to Yato or something." You said, shutting your eyes.
Your growling stomach said otherwise, but you didn't care. At this point, you felt as if you didn't deserve much of anything.
"We're worried about you, (Y/n)..." The person said with a hint of concern.
You could hear their foot steps getting closer and closer to you.
Someone reached out and put their hand on your shoulder, but you merely shook it off.
"Don't worry about me, I'm fine." You said quietly.
"No, no you're not. Listen-"
"I said I'm fine!!" You yelled turning around to see who the person was.
It was Hiyori, who's pink irises reflected worry.
You turned back around, sighing.
"Am I blighting Yato?" You asked, changing the subject.
The was a bit of silence.
"Yes.. a lot. We can't have anything repeating y' know?" She said, a bit of humor in her voice.
"God, I ruin everything." You said banging your head against the wall.
"But you don't have to.." Hiyori said empathetically.
"Yeah, I know.. but I did. Yato could die because of me.. I could never see you guys again.. because of me." You said solemnly.
"But Yato isn't dead.. and we're all still here." Hiyori said putting her hand on your shoulder once again.
This time you didn't shrug it off. You turned and looked at Hiyori, sniffling, your eyes puffy.
"Why does Yato even bother keeping me? All I do is hurt him." You said feeling sorry for yourself.
"Because you deserve a second chance at life." Hiyori smiled.
You looked down, wiping your nose with the back of your hand.
"Now c'mon, there's some udon downstairs." (A/N: udon is noodles in japan)
You complied, your feet dragging through the floor as Hiyori pulled you downstairs.
You turned the corner to enter the kitchen, the first thing you saw was Yukine's golden hues.
Hiyori pushed you into a chair across from Yukine, as you eyed her skeptically.
"Where's Yato?" You said avoiding Yukine's gaze.
"He's um.. out... I think I'll join him, bye!!!" Hiyori speed talked whilst waving and exiting the room.
"Hey, Hiyori!! Come back!!" You screamed, only to earn a sly giggle as a reply.
You sighed, turning back around to face Yukine.
"Did you know they planned this?" You asked fiddling with your fingers.
He shook his head no, then looking down at the table.
You felt as if the question was inevitable. The silence was awkward. Usually you would be sitting next to him, goofing around, or holding hands underneath the table. But you had the slightest feeling that Yukine didn't feel that way anymore.
"Yukine if you don't love me anymore, its fine... I understand." You said suddenly.
His head snapped up at your words, his eyes giving off rays of concern.
"I can see why you wouldn't though.. I honestly gave you a weight on your shoulders that you can't get rid of."
You said shamefully, awkwardly touching your plate.
"And its obvious this whole 'find the past' journey is ov-"
"Shut up, (Y/n)." Yukine cut you off. Your lips pinched closed.
"Don't take it literally. I'm saying shut up because all those things you're saying are lies." Yukine spoke seriously.
You looked down, opting to avoid him.
Still, you could feel him staring at you.
"Don't look at me.." You said putting your head in your hands.
"Try as much as you want to ignore me, (Y/n). I still wanna do this with you... I still love you.." Yukine said emptying his pride.
You look up to see his mixed expression of a glare and a blush.
"I don't care what anyone says. What you want most is your past and I'll help you find it. I promised." Yukine muttered, his eyes now avoiding yours.
"But... What about you..?" You asked in concern.
"If you really think I'm going to let that asshole of a father dominate my life, then you are sadly mistakened." He said with a smirk.
With that, a weight was lifted off your shoulders, and you took a literal sigh of relief.
"So we're not done with our search then?"
"There's still a lot to search for," Yukine said, his glare lifting up.
And with that, you practically jumped over the table, taking the blonde haired boy into your arms.
"Thanks for not giving up on me, Yukine. I... love you too.
" You said snuggling your cheek into his silky hair.
Unlike usual, he didn't hesitate to hug you back. His arms even squeezed around your torso.
He was just happy that you hadn't lost your faith.

Oookkay. So lots of things guys...
1. Sorry for taking so long to write this. My best friend came to stay with me, and I didn't have time to finish writing this chapter.
2. This story is coming to a close in a few chapters. I'm debating on whether or not I'll write a sequel. If I did create a sequel, would you guys read it?? Lemme know!!
3. 3k. Freaking 3,000 reads. Honestly I'm speechless. I just.. ily guys. So so much. I can not stress how greatful I am <3
4. Did you guys enjoy this chapter? Let me know! Don't forget to vote and favorite! Love you all so much!!-Drama Typhoon <3