NINE

[heres a cheeky lashton + malum bonus for u malum shippers (;]

《》

It had been over six months that Ashton and Luke had been a couple. And nothing had changed.

They still had the same job, same friends, same work times, same favourite places. Although one thing changed. And that was their two co-workers becoming official.

"Its funny how we are together and now Michael and Calum are together..." Ashton smiled, fixing his shirt in the mirror.

The boys were at Luke's house getting ready for a double date.

"I saw it coming eventually..."

"It's cute." Ashton said, turning around to face Luke. He held his arms out to show off his outfit, and spoke:

"How do I look?"

"Hot." Luke chuckled, with a wink.

Ashton smiled, with a blush, as a buzz was heard from Luke's phone. He picked it up and read the message.

"Hey, we should probably get going. They're already there."

The hazel-eyed boy nodded as they walked out and grabbed a taxi to arrive at the destination. It didnt take long to arrive, and they soon exited the taxi and Luke payed.

They walked in front of the restaurant, and Ashton's eyes widened, and he jumped up down, clapping his hands.

"Oohhh! Italian!" Ashton squealed, causing Luke to smile.

"Heyo!" Calum cheered with a wave as he saw the two boys walk up to them hand in hand.

"Wow, Michael. I never expected you to wear a something formal." Ashton joked as Luke giggled.

"Calum made me." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Shush, you love me." Calum said, fixing the collar of Michael's shirt.

The group laughed, as a waiter soon came and escorted them to their table.

They sat down, Michael and Calum together and Luke and Ashton together.

Mikey and Calum secretly held hands under the table, whereas the other boys freely held hands, laying them on top of the table.

"I love how we both ended up with people from the same job." Calum chuckled.

Ashton nodded along.

"Itst pretty insane. Cool, but insane." Luke laughed, as Michael laughed along.

The waiter from before walked up and asked for their order.

The group skimmed through the menu, as they whispered amongst each other.

"Um, a spaghetti, grazie." Calum smiled.

"Same here." Luke said.

Ashton glanced over at Luke. He was planning on sharing a pizza with him, but I guess that wasnt in Luke's favour.

"Uh, a lasagna's cool." Michael said, casually.

The waiter jotted it down, before looking over at Ashton.

"I-uh- I'm not that hungry, so a bruschetta is fine."

The waiter nodded and with that he skipped off.

"You told me you were starving in the taxi..." Luke whispered over to Ashton.

"I-uh-I probably just meant it as an expression..." Ashton replied nervously, as Luke slowly nodded and turned to face the others again.

《》

The night was spent with the four talking about random topics. But Ashton couldn't help but feel slightly left out.

Not just that. He also picked up on something.

Luke and Calum had always been non stop talking. It seemed like Luke knew Calum better than Ashton, and that wasn't the best thing for the boy to witness. Luke didnt even stop to look at Ashton or ask if he was ok.

It was just him and Calum.

Ashton's thoughts caused him to be slightly moody for the rest of the night. Declining Luke's holding of hands and pecks on the cheek. He even left most of his food becuase of his attitude.

The night was about to end and Michael ended up paying.

The quadret left the restaurant, Calum and Michael hand in hand and Ashton with his arms crossed, not wanting contact with Luke.

"That was a nice get together!" Calum said happily, as Michael nodded along.

"We need to do that again." Luke said, as Ashton rolled his eyes.

No thanks, Ashton thought.

A taxi soon stopped in front of them, as Michael and Calum waved their goodbyes and entered, leaving Luke and Ashton alone.

"Ash, what's up?" Luke asked immediately. Ashton had been acting up all night.

"Now you care."

"Ashton."

"You didn't seem to care when you were talking to Calum and leaving me out, oh no, but as soon as I ignore you, you care."

Luke leaned back slightly.

"Wait. You're mad becuase I was socialising?" Luke replied.

"No. Im mad becuase you didn't even glance at me or invlove me in your socialising..."

"Ash, are you kidding me?"

"What?"

Luke sighed.

"Were you on some other planet or something all night? Every single topic I spoke about with Calum was about you." Luke said, trying to keep his calm, as his cheeks were heating up.

"Not just that, but did you not see me stare at you in awe every 0.5 seconds. I wanted to kiss you every time I layed eyes on you, but I knew I couldnt, because there were people around that would think we were - I dont know - sex freaks or... some crap."

"And then you just decide to block me out which was nice. So yeah, I totally ignored you all night, Ashton."

The smaller boy unfolded his arms, and gave Luke a sorry look.

"I'm sorry. I-I had no clue. I was only thinking of me. I just wanted you, and I didnt even realise the things you were doing. I'm horrible." Ashton started looking around, as he hit himself on the head.

"Ash, Ash. It's ok. Just next time, try to remember the pretty important fact that I'm in love with you."

Ashton nodded, and jumped on Luke, hugging him tightly.

Their taxi arrived soon after, and the ride home was full of holding hands and cute comments in each others ear.

"I'm in love with you" was the only phrase that span around in Ashton's head, making him smile, and cuddle into Luke.

Because for the first time in forever, someone actually, literally, with all their heart, loved Ashton.