THREE

The next day was the same.

Although, all Luke could think about was going to see Ashton again. He was practically counting the seconds until his break.

"Stop staring. It's creepy." Michael commented, nudging Luke to snap him out of his trance.

"It's not creepy. I'm just -- staring at the flowers..." Luke said, looking down at his papers, pretending to write.

"Yeah, right. Ever since you went to buy milk, which took you way too long by the way, you've been "staring at the flowers". Are you sure you're not staring at something, or maybe someone else?"

"Michael."

"Don't act. I've seen the secret smiles and waves." the red haired boy said.

"If you like seeing waves, go to the beach."

"Ha. Ha. Very funny..."

Michael rolled his eyes, and looked around, before looking over at Luke again, who was now writing down numbers.

"Look. If you want, you can go and visit your Juliet, and I'll cover for you..."

"Really?!" Luke asked, a bit too excited.

"Yes, and shut up! You're too loud!" Michael said, putting a finger over his lips to indicate to Luke that he to be more quiet.

"You're the best!" Luke whispered, pulling Michael into a hug, knowing perfectly well Michael didnt like them.

"Yeah, yeah. Now, go, before they realise."

"Oh, yeah, right!" Luke fumbled with his coat and rapidly put it on, before rushing to the door.

"Toodles, Romeo!" Michael waved, wiggling his fingers with a smirk. Luke soon popped back in the shop again.

"I'm not Romeo, and he's not Juliet." Luke said.

"Shut up and go."

And with that Luke skipped out and rushed across the street.

This time Ashton wasn't outside, so Luke decided to enter.

He looked around, and saw that the inside was almost as pastel and tumblr as the outside. He looked around for the hazel eyed boy, before being greeted by a dark haired boy, with dark eyes.

"Hi there!" he smiled.

"Hey" Luke replied.

Ashton was hidden behind a shelf full of small cacti, and perked up when he heard a familiar voice.

"Luke." He whispered to himself with a smile.

He rushed from behind the shelf and slowed his pace when seeing Luke chatting with Calum. Luke noticed Ashton and flashed a smile, Ashton sending a small wave back.

Calum picked up on it and turned to see Ashton behind him. He winked at the boy, causing Ashton to roll his eyes and smile.

"Oh, Ash, I forgot I need to water the flowers in the back, could you take care of this customer for me?" Calum asked. Calum knew about Luke very well. Ashton had described him and told him everything he knew about him from yesterday.

Ashton smiled at Calum's question and nodded.

"Yeah, sure!"

The kiwi boy turned to wave at Luke and the blonde waved back. As Calum walked past Ashton, he stopped and whispered something in his ear.

"Good luck. I must admit, I didnt think Ashton Fletcher Irwin, would go for a guy that worked in a tattoo shop." he smirked.

"Shut up." Ashton whispered back, and lightly punched Calum causing him to laugh and walk away, before winking at Ashton and pointing over at Luke.

After Calum had hidden behind the shelves, Ashton nervously walked up to the blonde.

"Sorry about that -- I might have -- told -- him about you -- " Ashton blushed.

Luke did an internal 'awe' and smiled.

"Seems like Ashy couldn't keep quiet about me..." Luke smirked. His confidence was perking up a bit.

Ashton blushed at the nickname. "Sue me. I'm pretty sure no one can not talk about you."

"Well, I'm glad you think that..." Luke smiled, Ashton grinning along.

"Hey, uh, Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Could I, uh -- get your number -- just -- you know..." Ashton looked down, pretending that his shoes were the most interesting things ever.

"Sure, yeah! Of course!"

Luke quickly took out his phone, as Ashton walked to the desk to grab his. They rapidly exchanged phone numbers and soon put their phones away.

"When my co-worker, Michael, finds out I have your number, he'll never shut up about it. He sort of thinks I have a thing for you." Luke said rather quietly. What Michael thought wasn't that far from the truth.

Ashton tried to contain his fanboy screams. What if Luke really did have a thing for him? Was that Luke subtly admitting it? Was he over reacting?

"Oh, well, same here. Calum won't shut up about it. I mean, you saw what happened before..." Ashton chuckled.

"I feel like Calum and Michael would get along well together." Luke said, Ashton nodding in agreement.

"Well, I should probably go. Michael is covering for me, and I don't think he'd be happy if he had to cover for me for more than 10 minutes..."

"Oh, yeah. Alright..." Ashton sighed slightly. He secretly didn't want Luke to leave, but he didn't want to come off as clingy. He's basically just met him.

"Well, um, bye." Luke smiled. Ashton waved and let out a small "bye" back.

Luke was getting ready to go, so Ashton went to go help Calum, not wanting there to be an awkward "watching Luke walk away" moment.

"Why are you here?" Calum said, rather shocked.

"We said goodbye?" Ashton replied, almost as a question.

"And you didn't even hug or hold his hand for a while?!" he whisper-shouted.

"No..."

"Then go, you dimwit!" and with that, Calum pushed Ashton back out there.

The hazel eyed boy looked back at Calum, who was throwing his hands about, telling him to go. Ashton nodded awkwardly, and ran up to Luke, who was just about to cross the road.

"Wait, Luke!"

Calum walked over to the door to see what his friend's move was going to be, and bit his lip in anticipation.

Luke turned to face Ashton.

"I just um -" before Ashton could actually articulate any words, he leaned in and gave a quick kiss on Luke's cheek.

Luke's heart beat got faster, his cheeks turning bright red.

"Tell Michael, I said hi." Ashton said shyly, with a small smile.

"Uh, yeah - uh - b -bye -- " Luke said, obviously flustered. He turned around and quickly crossed the road, not able to stop thinking about the kiss. Even if it was small and only on the cheek, Ashton still showed him some type of affection.

The dirty blond giggled at how flustered Luke was, and walked back into the store. Calum winked as Ashton passed by, and the boy's cheeks reddened, just now realising what he had just done.