OSC/ Five

One Step Closer/ Five

                                Austyn stepped in the apartment, looking as if she had been shot by Cupid’s arrow. She closed the door, leaning against it, and placing her hand on her her chest, where her heart was…she sighed, with a faraway look in her eyes, as if she had gazed upon the embodiment of beauty itself.  Criss looked to her from the sofa, watching the second season of Smallville on DVD. Her brow rose, as she glared at the sight of her friend. “I take it your date went quite well,”

                               “Hadrian and I had a very interesting date. So now you have to come with me to see his show on Saturday night,” said Austyn, as she placed her take home bag on the table. She sat on the sofa, placing her head on Criss’s lap. “Gawd, that boy is sooo hot,”

                               Criss felt her friend’s forehead. “Are you well? I’ve never seen you this…smitten, over a boy,”

                               “I am NOT smitten!” yelled Austyn.

                               “Whatever…like I was saying, I’ve never seen you this smitten over a boy since Jimmy Quesada back in the 11th grade, when he was trying to start a Latino dance crew,” laughed Criss. Austyn screamed, covering her face. “Please don’t ever mention that again,”

                               “Austyn…don’t hurt Hadrian’s feelings…he’s a cool guy. The best lab partner and guy friend I’ve had so far,” lectured Criss. “Though he won’t let on, I think he really likes you,”

                                “Okay, mother,” sassed Austyn. “What are you doing up so late anyway? Making sure I got home safely? Making sure that Hadrian left me with my ‘virginity’ intact?”

                                “Oh, trust and believe hookah- you are NO virgin,” jeered Criss, as Austyn squirmed and cackled. She looked at the frozen image on the TV, then back to her roomie. “You still crushin on Tom Welling? That is like, so juvie, Criss,”

                                “Shut up!” shouted Criss with a look, that neither denied but, embarrassingly confirmed her best friend’s accusations, as her cheeks flustered red. She put a sofa pillow on Austyn’s face, jokingly. She looked up to Criss’s face, as the latter looked back to the screen, starting the action once again. “You wanna talk about anything?”

                                “Like what?”

                                “Like about what we did last night, and how you feel about it?” straight out pursued Austyn, with a smile on her face. Criss’s face flustered even more- in one stage; she did want to discuss what had happened, and her feelings toward Austyn, as well as the situation at hand…but she also didn’t want to talk about in fear of that what she might learn about herself. Criss knew when she allowed herself the luxury of being sexual, that she was pretty much a near match for her best friend, but she also knew she was in no way like Austyn, who embraced her sexual lifestyle in a way, that it was almost a religion. Criss trembled, as Austyn’s hand caressed her face. “My gawd, Criss. It doesn’t mean you are a lesbian…bi-curious, maybe, at the least,”

                               Austyn sat up, taking a hold of Criss’s hand. “Talk to me,”

                               Criss felt the pressure slowly melting away…after all, Austyn was her best friend, and almost like a sister to her. She looked down to the floor, then paused the DVD again. She looked back to Austyn’s hazel green eyes, which matched hers…for affirmation, as well as absolution.