OSC/ Sixteen

One Step Closer/ Sixteen

                               “She crashed at your place last night?”

                               Hadrian sat at the concrete table, as he looked over his programming guide. Criss sat on the opposite side…he put his notebook on top of the textbook, as to not let the wind blow the page he was on. “She cried almost the whole night…I’m not even gonna ask what’s going on, but whatever it is, you need to talk with her, Criss. She’s very hurt,”

                                “What about me? You act as if I’m the blame for all of this! She’s the one who lied to me!” harped Criss, as her grip on her pencil tightened. “I just keep waking up, wishing all this were a really jacked up dream…but it’s not,”

                                “Like I said, I don’t even wanna know the situation. You and Austyn have been through a lot, together. She knows she has fucked up, big time. Are you sure you want to throw her away like that?”

                                Criss sighed.

                                “She told me about her little thing, with this ‘Derrick’ dude that stays in your apartment community…it pissed me off, but I can’t be too angry. I’ve fucked around on her too, in the beginning, after our first date…but after we had sex that night, for the first time, I knew I wanted to have Aus as my main squeeze,” reflected Hadrian. “I’ve had chicks throwin themselves at me left and right, but I want Austyn,”

                               Criss threw a piece of wadded paper at him. “You idiot!”

                              He looked down, as the paperwad bounced off his head, and to the left…he then looked back to Criss.

                              “Just when I thought you couldn’t get any worse…you go, an’ completely redeem yourself,” smiled Criss, as she wiped away a tear. “I am so happy with the way you feel…are you sure you want Austyn to be the one? Are you sure you feel she’s going to be able to make that commitment?”

                               “No, I’m not sure,” said Hadrian. “But all I can do at this point, is see where things go, and trust in her word. I think you should give her a chance to explain herself, also,”

                                Criss’s lips tightened, as her thoughts tumbled in turmoil. On one hand, she wanted to talk it over with her best friend…she wanted to trust in Austyn, and give her another chance. On the other hand, Austyn was the reason, her parents may be divorcing- to forgive her would be a slap in the face, at her mother’s dignity.

                                Criss gathered her books, and got up.

                               “Criss?”

                               “I gotta go…I’m really not feelin things right now,” she droned, walking toward the student parking lot.

                               “Criss! We have a lab final coming! Dammit, I need this A!” yelled Hadrian, as Criss drifted away. She just wanted to be alone, and listen to the tides crash against the shore. Criss got into her car, and left…

                                 “I see yo girl brought you to work this morning…she’s a fuckin hottie, nigga,” said Delonte, as he spearheaded delivering the finished copy assignments that morning. Alonzo was changing out the toners, for the service center copiers. “Pretty eyes, cute little booty, nice legs,”