Chapter 32 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 32 (Steven)

Standing there listening to Alpha Martin I was a little befuddled by everything that he was saying.  The man was smart and I had no doubt that he knew what he was doing when it came to being an Alpha.  

            He had explained that there were so many political dynamics that I hadn’t even considered when one took over a pack.  Not actually growing up in a pack, I was at a big disadvantage, but what Alpha Martin was offering sounded like a damn good idea to me.

            “Stevie,” a small familiar feminine voice came from the door way.

            Turning around I smiled.  “Mom.”

            She walked towards me with her arms held open.  When she reached me I embraced her in a fierce hug and lifted her off her toes.  We stood there for several long minutes just holding on to each other before she finally spoke.

            “Is it over, is it truly over Stevie?”  She looked at me with an expression of hope.

            Pushing her just far enough away from me so that I could look into her eyes, I nodded.

            “It’s over mom.  Raymond is gone and we don’t have to run anymore.”

            After that news sunk in she beamed up at me.  Shaking her head she said, “I just can’t believe after so many years of running that it’s officially over.”

            “Believe it Mama.  It’s finally over and done with.”

            Mama stood still for just a moment and looked like she was seriously contemplating something.  Then it was like a bell just dinged and her eyes widened with knowing.  She suddenly snapped her head up at me with purpose

            “Did you…was it you….are you the new Alpha?” she stammered out all at once.

            Again when our eyes met, I nodded my head.  There was no way to deny it; I was in fact the new alpha of the Lunar Westian Pack.

            Her smile brightened and even grew bigger on that tiny face of hers.

            “Finally,” she said.  “Leadership is back in its rightful place.”

            Mama was still beaming up at me as I tried to comprehend her last statement.

            Tentatively I asked her, “Mama, exactly what do you mean when you say that the leadership is finally back in its rightful place?”

Mama looked up at me sheepishly.  She was hiding something from me.  After several long moments and she still hadn’t said anything I struggled to hold on to my patience.  Taking a step closer to her I asked her once again, enunciating my words slower this time.

            “Mama, what exactly did you mean?”

            I heard her loud sigh and watched her warily.

            “Stevie,” she said and then looked around at the room full of people all talking amongst themselves, “Maybe we should go and find somewhere else that we can sit down and talk.”

            I looked up and spotted my mate talking with Tabby and Liza.  It never failed to get that rush of male pride when I saw my blue eyed beauty, knowing that she was mine, that she belonged to me.  We had been through so much in the last week and I thanked the Moon Goddess every chance I had that she was still standing strong by my side.  I wasn’t about to let her get out of my sights anytime soon.