Chapter 16 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 16 (Steven) 

            I stood there by the dressing room anxiously waiting for my blue eyed beauty to come out.  She has to talk to me this time this time, she just has to I said to myself as I laid my head back against the wall.  I have to make her listen to me or else I am going to go out of my freaking mind.

            I heard the door open and I jumped to attention.  Tabby passed by me first and then Liza, and finally her.  My breath hitched at the beauty she possessed.  She’s like an ethereal angel.  I reached out and gently grabbed her arm.

            “Princess,” I said tentatively.  “Can I please talk to you?”  I begged with her all that I had in me.  I knew that I looked pathetic and was seriously handing over my man card, but I didn’t care.  I would do anything at this point for my blue eyed beauty to look at me with a fraction of the love we shared just days ago.

            The pull was still there, I felt the electricity humming when our skin made contact.

            “Two minutes,” I heard the director call out to their group.  I pleaded desperately with my eyes.

            “After the show,” she replied.  “You can take me to Starbucks and we can talk”.

            I couldn’t stop the smile from curling on my lips.  I leaned in a pressed a kiss tenderly against her forehead, lingering for a moment to savor the rousing sensations.

            Regrettably, I finally stepped back saying, “You got it Princess,” and released her to follow Tabby and Liza to the stage.  “Good luck,” I called out to her, cheesing just like the Cheetos cheetah always on them damn commercials.  I was elated; my princess was finally going to talk to me. 

            I heard the directors announce their act and took off at a dead sprint for the auditorium.  I didn’t want to miss one second of this performance as pictures of the little booty dance she had so heartily demonstrated crept into my mind.   I hastily walked down the aisle as the lights went out and the spot light poured on the stage.  I scooted in next to Bobby on the front row and there she was; my blue eyed beauty.  Front and center.  How symbolic of what she means to me.  She will always be front and center stage in my life.

            The music started and all I could say was “Damn.”  She was the only one that I saw on that stage and she looked awesome.  I was so proud of her at that moment.  She danced and sang like it was nobody else’s business.  It was current, hip and very tasteful.  The performance ended and I jumped to my feet clapping and whistling wildly.  That was my Princess. 

            I felt a nudge on my shoulder and looked over at Bobby.  He was standing beside me clapping and hollering just as loud as I was.

            “That was the bomb,” he said to me with a wide smile on his face.  I nodded my agreement while I watched my beautiful mate take her well deserved bow.  They left the stage and things quieted down somewhat.  Bobby glanced back at me and stared at me weirdly making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

            “What?” I snapped at him.

            “So, is she going to talk to you?” he asked with his brows raised.  I couldn’t hold my smile back and nodded my head.

            “Yeah, we’re going to Starbucks when this is all over,” I answered in kind.

            “Thank the Moon Goddess,” he exclaimed.