Chapter 29 (Amy) (Edited)

***** Edited by Krisgee*****

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 29 (Amy)

            I looked around at the sparsely furnished cabin those mutts dragged me to.  The only furniture to be seen was a full size bed and a small table with a broken lamp sitting on top it.  My body ached and the heat was riding me hard.  I was determined that I would not ever beg for that Alpha.  I would revel in my own pain rather than stoop to his level for relief.

            The cramps were coming more often and all I could do was slink off into the corner and curl into myself.  I kept the light off and once again prayed to the Moon goddess to give me the strength needed to get out of this mess.

            “Princess?”

            I stilled at the sound of the mental call in my head.  Could it really be?  Did the Moon Goddess finally answer my prayers?

            After the initial shock I tentatively answered, “Stevie?”

            Tears welled in my eyes; it just had to be him.  There is no way my mind would play that dirty of a trick on me.  It just had to be my Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown Eyes.

            “Thank the Moon Goddess,” he quickly answered and all I could do was fall back in relief.  It was him.  Before I could respond he started rapidly firing off question after question.

            “Are you okay? Where are you?  What happened?” 

            I smiled at his obvious concern but starting to feel the weight of the pain from the heat I struggled to answer his questions.

            “Baby, where are you?” he asked as I tried to breathe slowly through another cramp. 

            “I- I don‘t know.” I responded feebly.   My voice was fragile as I tried desperately to focus on our mind connection.  I knew that our mental bond may be my only hopes of rescue so I fought heartily to hold on to it.   

            “Amy, Princess.  I need you to think for me.  What do you see around you?  Have you heard them say anything that may tell us where you are?” he asked.  His voice was now sounding tense and I could tell that he was straining to hold on to his wolf.  He sensed my pain and his wolf was clawing to get out of his skin.

            After several moments of terse silence I heard him ask me again, “Princess, are you still with me?”  Fisting my hands tightly I wrapped my arms around my legs and breathed through the pain.

            “Yeah, he- he said something about his cabin.  The Alpha’s cabin,” I finally managed to rattle off in my head.

            “Princess, hold on baby.  I know where you are.  We’re coming and I’m bringing the cavalry.  Just hold on a bit longer for me, okay?” Stevie told me.  He exuded confidence through the bond and I was sure that he would do what ever it took to get to me.  I just had to do my part and hold on for a bit longer.  Damn this heat, I swore silently.

            “Okay," I finally whispered to him mentally.  "Love you.”

            He answered quickly back with, “Love you too,” and the bond was quickly cut, like a telephone call being disconnected.  All I have to do is hold on, he’ll be here, I promised myself.  My mate was going to save me.  That much I had to believe because the alternative was absolutely unbearable.