Chapter 9 (Amy) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 9 (Amy)

            “Amy.  Amy. AAAMMMYYY!”

            “What?” I barked at Tabby who was frantically snapping her fingers in my face.

            “Yeesh, girly.  You were really out there in space,” she replied while collapsing on her bed.  “I’ve been trying to show you different color patterns for our talent show costumes for the last ten minutes and you’re just sitting like a freaking lump on a log.”

            I shook my head, “Whatever you think works then I’ll go with it,” I mumbled, still thinking about the upcoming dinner with Steven’s family.

            “Oohh, living dangerously,” Liza drawled with a hint of laughter in her voice.  I turned and smiled back at her.

            “Guess I’ve got to live some time,” I said while shrugging my shoulders.  The next thing I knew I was being smacked in the head with a frilly heart shaped pillow.

            “Hey!” I yelped between laughs.

            “You two are so not funny,” Tabby said while crossing her arms and sticking out that damn lip again.  I glanced back at Liza and gave her a knowing smile.  She is not pulling that crap on me again.  I refuse to give in to the puppy face.

            I glanced at my watch and saw that it was now 6:30.  I was trying to time myself so that I walked in the door right at 7:00.  I was not up for another confrontation with my dear sweet brother.  I blew out a deep breath and stood up.

            “Well girls, I guess it is time for me to fly this coop.” I said with a confidence that I wasn’t really feeling.  Tabby stood and came to my side.  She pulled me into a comforting hug.

            “It will all work out Amy.  Don’t worry that pretty little head of yours too much.  You have a wonderful family and a Greek God for a mate.  What else could a femme wolf ask for?”

            “You’re right,” I responded with a smile that wasn’t quite there.

            “Go on now and call me after everyone’s left,” Tabby ordered in a stern voice.

            I lifted two fingers to my head and gave her a proper soldier’s salute.   “Yes M’am,” I told her in my best obedient voice.

            “You two can be so stupid sometimes,” Liza replied as she stood and walked over to us.  She gently grabbed my elbow and turned me so that I had to face her.  “But Tabby’s right you know.  It will be okay.”  A sly smile lifted on her lips.  “And I really do like that sexy mate of yours.”

            I groaned. “Could you two not talk about my mate like he is a prime piece of meat?” 

            “Well if he didn’t have such a fine ass then we wouldn’t have to talk about him like that, now would we?” Liza commented, clearly amused by my reaction.  

            My eyes widened and I felt my hands fisting tightly by my sides.  Tabby must have picked up on my vibes because she turned me around and started nudging me towards the door.

            “Time to go,” she called out while continuing to push me out of the house.  I kept trying to turn my head back and glare at Liza but poor Tabby was insistent that I needed to leave.  Once she had successfully shuffled me into the car she leaned up against the door.