Chapter 22 (Steven) (Edited)

*****Edited by krisgee*****

 2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 22  (Steven)    

            Bam.  I slammed my fist into the locker.  The stinging pain that was left behind did little to take away from the tumultuous feelings running through me at the moment.  It’s been four days, four long ass days and my blue eyed princess has yet to come to school.  I thought I could do this.  I really thought that I could honor the wishes of her parents.

            “Stupid, stupid, stupid,” I muttered to myself as I repetitively banged my head against the now closed locker.

            “Hey! Hey there partner, let’s take a chill pill bro,” Bobby said as he came up to me and placed his arm on my shoulder.

            I rounded on him and glared.  I had to give him some major props though; he was a brave soul daring to challenge me in my current state.   Fully agitated and so far off my game, I turned and was the first to look away.

            “I can’t do this shit,” I said to him while running a trembling hand through my hair.

            Bobby looked at me with sympathy in his eyes and squeezed the hand he held on my shoulder.

            “Bro, you don’t have a choice.  You know that.  You did what you had to do for Mama and your mate.  Yeah, it’s tough right now, but it’s only four months dude.  She will survive and Mama will survive.  Just…” Bobby turned looking at the throngs of students that passed by us in the halls.  He turned his attention back to me, “Look, just focus on the future, bro.  That‘s all that you can do.  You were left without a choice.”

            I growled in irritation and Bobby recoiled from me.  I knew that what he was telling me was all truthful words but it didn’t help this gaping hole in my chest that was left behind because of the separation from my mate.

            “It’s her first heat, Bobby.  Can you imagine what she is going through?” 

            As the thought of my dear blue eyed beauty suffering any amount of pain sank in I shuddered with resentment.  I directed that resentment at myself.  Knowing that I was the only one that could relieve her tore at my very soul.  Needing to inflict more pain on myself I flung my head back against the lockers as hard as I could and winced when the bitter sweet throbbing vibrated in my head.  I deserved so much more than a damn headache, I thought to myself as I closed my eyes and tried to desperately rid myself of images of my sweet mate in agony.

            “Bro, you have to stop this,” Bobby reprimanded me.

            I looked up and narrowed my gaze on him.  All of my tightly reigned control was gone.  Who was he to tell me what I should and shouldn’t be doing?  He doesn’t even have the guts to approach his own mate.

            “You’ve got some nerve boy,” I said in a dangerously low voice.  Straightening my stance I slowly advanced on him and shoved my finger abruptly in his chest.

            “Don’t. You. Ever, and I mean ever, try and tell me what I need to do when it comes to my mate.  She is my mate and my responsibility.  You just need to back the fuck off,” I ended with a sneer.

            Surprisingly the idiot is standing there with his arms crossed over his chest and a cheeky smile painted on his face.  I stood there for a moment longer trying to figure out my brother’s angle, because with him there is always an angle.  But my only thoughts drifted back to my mate and her current predicament.