"I can't tell you if the fireworks are in the sky or in my stomach."

🕊️

I finished putting on my clear lip gloss, mixing it with the brown lip liner. The rest of my siblings were already outside, starting to enjoy the night of the Fourth of July. Annabeth smiled, she was seated on my bed after I had done her makeup and her hair. She looked beautiful, wearing short jeans with a black crop top and a white button up shirt but left it open. I convinced her of using some mascara and a light pink lip gloss with her hair down.

I stood up straight, giving a spin. "Do I look good or do I look good?" I smiled. Annabeth chuckled, standing up and stopping in front of me. "You look good, blondie."

We looked at ourselves in the mirror. I was wearing a brown mini dress, the thin straps hanging over my shoulders with the golden necklace in the middle. The dress was tight, it went to the middle of my thighs and accentuated my body. Being Brazilian, my body was hourglass shaped, just like my Aunt.

"We look really pretty," I said, snapping a picture with Annabeth in my camera. "My best friend looks amazingly beautiful." She laughed again, pushing me to the side. "Shut up."

We heard a knock at the door, Annabeth looked at me and we both nodded at each other. I opened the door and Gabriel smiled at me, itching the back of his head.

"Hey, Maria!" He waved and slightly stretched his head to look inside the cabin. "Where's Annabeth?"

"That hot girl? Does this one work?" I stepped to the side and pointed at the girl standing behind me. Gabriel looked up and down at her, opening a large smile. "My love..." he mumbled.

Annabeth smiled, biting her lip as she hugged him. They were so cute together that it made my heart clench. "I want her back by ten o'clock." I joked.

"Eleven thirty," Gabriel joked back.

Annabeth laughed, "Seriously? Guys, c'mon."

"Ten thirty," I negotiated. "Take it or leave it."

"Fine, ten thirty." He gave her a kiss on the lips then one at her cheek. "I just didn't say it would be today." Then he pulled her by her hand, leaving my cabin. Annabeth waived and winked at me, walking happily with Gabriel towards the decorated lake. The campers walked around with cups in hands, some played volleyball in the area, others were seated talking and enjoying the evening. Silena and Beckendorf looked like they were enjoying themselves and talking excitedly about something.

I was going to miss this so fucking much.

"I hope I'm not late..." Percy's voice took me away from my thoughts. I looked up at him, finding the boy wearing light jeans, a white shirt and a brown leather jacket. He had his hands inside the pockets of the jacket, his hair slightly wet and messy like he just brushed it with his hands.

Percy looked really good, and I wondered if he knew that.

I itched my arm, smiling when I met his eyes. "Just in time, Waterboy."

His gaze went down my body, coming up quickly at my face as he fixed his posture. "So... you're ready?"

"Yeah, c'mon." I turned off the light from my cabin and closed the door. We walked side by side to the beach, Percy kept looking around tapping his finger tips by his leg.

"You guys really do enjoy the Fourth of July, right?" I tried to start a conversation.

Guys, I know this is awkward as fuck. I don't even know why I asked him to come to the fireworks with me, but like, it happened. Since the spring things have been kinda strange inside of me and I guess seeing Silena and Beckendorf together gave me some courage to say something. Especially after his comment when I put the dragon head back.