"Would you mind knocking me out? I need to sleep for ten years at least."

🕊️

Before I left Olympus, I decided to make a call. It wasn't easy, but I finally found a quiet fountain in a corner garden after almost imploring for a phone to talk to my Aunt. 'Five minutes. It's all you have.'

"Maria?" She said as soon as she answered the video call. Carolina, or Aunt Lina as I like to call her, is my father's sister. She's thirty years old, sixteen years younger than my dad. She had blonde hair and brown eyes just like the rest of the family.

She was a lawyer, and decided to live in New York as soon as she graduated school.

When monsters started to appear in Brazil, my father talked with my Aunt and asked her to raise me, since she lives near the camp. At first it was strange, she didn't know how to take care of a kid but did her best. I owe her for everything.

"Guess who's alive?" I smiled slightly.

"Graças a Deus, Maria!" She put a hand on her heart.

"Yeah, thank the gods, you mean." I joked.

"Are you coming home for Christmas? How are you? Did you break anything? Do I need to go to the police station again?" She started to close her computer and tie her hair, like she was getting ready to pick me up.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I said, smiling. "I'll go back to camp for now but I think before Christmas I'll be at home."

She stopped and looked at me. "I was really worried."

I pursed my lips, "I know..."

"Are you already at camp?"

I shook my head, "Olympus."

"Damn, girl" I laughed.

"Maria!" I heard Annabeth calling. "Where the fuck are you?"

"So delicate," My Aunt said.

"Right."

"Found you! Hey, Auntie Lina." Annabeth said, waving at my Aunt and sitting beside me.

"Hi," Percy said standing behind us.

"You three waited to be away from us to dye your hair?" She narrowed her eyes.

I touched my hair, turning to look at Annabeth then looking up to Percy behind. We all had a white strand in our hair from holding the sky.

"It wasn't intentional, I'll explain at home." I gave a 'sorry' smile.

"I'm glad you guys are okay. Annabeth, if you disappear again, I'll be the one searching for you. Heard me, mocinha?"

Annabeth blushed and I hugged her sideways. "Yes, ma'am."

🌊

Compared to Mount Olympus, Manhattan was quiet. Friday before Christmas, but it was early in the morning, and hardly anyone was on Fifth Avenue. Argus, the many-eyed security chief, picked up Annabeth, Grover, Maria and me at the Empire State Building and ferried us back to camp through a light snowstorm. The Long Island Expressway was almost deserted.

As we trudged back up Half-Blood Hill to the pine tree where the Golden Fleece glittered, I half expected to see Thalia there, waiting for us.

But she wasn't. She was long gone with Artemis and the rest of the Hunters, off on their next adventure.

Chiron greeted us at the Big House with hot chocolate and toasted cheese sandwiches. Grover went off with his satyr friends to spread the word about our strange encounter with the magic of Pan. Within an hour, the satyrs were all running around agitated, asking where the nearest espresso bar was.