"That's why I don't go to school dances."

🕊

    "So I turned to him like, 'Dad, I'm old enough to go to the Underworld, to an adventure in the Sea of Monsters, fight a Cyclops but not to drive?'" I exclaimed, hearing Annabeth, Thalia and Mrs. Jackson laugh. "Like, I know in Brazil we only learn how to drive when we are eighteen years old, but here it starts at fifteen, so I'm already old enough to try."

"Oh sweetie, but I agree with him. Percy is learning just now that he turned sixteen." Sally smiled but I crossed my arms indignantly in response.

"Yeah Princess, your brain isn't old enough to process how to go straight with a car." Percy turned on the front seat so he could look at me. I raised my middle finger at him but that only made the boy smirk and adjust himself on the seat, looking back to the road.

You must be asking yourself, what in the world is going on?

Well, Hi, I'm Maria Sinclair. These are my friends, Annabeth Chase and Thalia Grace. In the front we have the person I most dislike, Percy Jackson, and his lovely mother, Sally Jackson.

As demigods, offspring of Greek gods with mortals, we tend to do dangerous things for living. No, we don't get paid with money but with another day to live.

Chiron this morning assigned us to a rescue mission in Bar Harbor, Maine. I chose the best outfit to fit in as a student in the cold, wearing black leggings under my gray sweatpants, a tight white long sleeve shirt with a black hoodie and my converse.

Every student wears converses.

As I was wearing a hoodie, my bracelet morphed into an eyeglass, which if I take them off they will turn into my sword, Heartstopper.

Percy's mom picked me up first, since I live with my Aunt near them. Then we met Annabeth and Thalia at the camp entrance and now we are on an eight hour drive to this boarding school. Sleet and snow pounded the highway.

The ride was quiet at the start, so I decided to talk to fill the silence, which resulted in me saying how annoying it is to be the only one not knowing how to drive since my dad doesn't want to.

"Speaking of Percy turning sixteen, time goes fast you know," Mrs. Jackson said. "I remember like it was yesterday when he learned how to walk."

"Oh gods, mom please." Percy groaned, sliding down on his seat.

"No, no, please go on Mrs. Jackson." Annabeth smiled.

Now what good stories I have about Percy, maybe I could use those to blackmail him.

Hours passed by and we finally stopped in front of the school. Thalia wiped the fog off the car window and peered outside. "Oh, yeah. This'll be fun."

Westover Hall looked like a vampire castle. It was all black stone, with towers and slit windows and a big set of wooden double doors. It stood on a snowy cliff overlooking this big frosty forest on one side and the gray churning ocean on the other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" His mother asked.

"No, thanks, Mom," He said. "I don't know how long it will take. We'll be okay."

"But how will you get back? I'm worried, Percy." It was cute how worried Mrs. Jackson was. As my father lives in Brazil, we sometimes Iris-message each other since demigods and phones don't go well. He doesn't like me going on quests, so it's not always that we talk to each other, most of the time it results in us fighting.