Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Family Fights

A few days after visiting Bray and JoJo which I'd been replaying my conversation with Bray over and over in my head I was just getting ready for bed when my phone rang and it was Jey. I looked over to the bathroom door that Roman had just entered into after his workout. I sat my hairbrush down and picked up the phone.

"Hey Big Uce," I said happy to hear from him since the last time we talked was just after the last SmackDown and I was in a freefall of despair.

"How you doing?" he asked.

"I'm okay, one day at a time, right?" I told him.

"Yeet!" he said we talked a few minutes before he brought up the real reason he called.

"You talk to Roman yet?" he asked.

"No but I will I just honestly hadn't had time to since he's come back, but I will," I assured him when the bathroom door opened and Roman came out.

"I just wish I knew what to do," he said. Roman stared at me as he continued to dry his hair.

"I know, when it's time to decide you'll know what to do," I told him.

"Thanks, Little Uce, I'll let you go, we'll talk soon," he said and I wanted to say I don't just want to talk to him soon, I wanted to see him soon but I couldn't seem to form the words.

"Yeah, okay," I said.

"Love you," he said.

"Love you too," I replied back and I hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Roman casually asked as he put his towel down then sat down on his side of the bed. I looked at him from across my side.

"Jey," I said and I watched his eyes darken and I was expecting something else, literally anything else but nothing.

"Roman, I really think that....," I said before he cut me off.

"I don't want to talk about it," he declared and I felt myself getting angry from being frustrated about him not wanting to talk about it.

"Well then when can we talk about it Chief, seriously. Every time I try to talk to you about what's happen with The Bloodline with Jimmy and Jey you get angry and say you don't want to talk about it," I stated.

"Briar," he warned but I didn't stop.

"I just don't get it, if we can talk about anything else why can't you talk to me about the brothers, about the family. You're letting this get way out of hand, you should be keeping everyone together not pushing them away, is this because they lost the titles?" I asked.

"That's enough Briar, if I say I don't want to talk about it then I don't want to talk about it," he snapped almost on the verge of yelling but I didn't stop.

"But I do want to talk about it, every time I talk to Jimmy or Jey I can feel their sadness, I can feel their distance. Your supposed to have their back, your supposed to be in charge, your supposed to lift them up right, isn't that what you always say," I stated and I guess I went to far. Roman got to his feet and turned to me, his eyes seething.

"This isn't any of your business, or your concern. Your right I'm the one in charge how I decide to treat my family, how I decide what happens with the family is my decision because they are my family, NOT YOURS!" he shouted and it was like someone took a baseball bat to my heart and all I kept hearing echoing in my head was not yours, not yours. I slowly stood up from the bed.