Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Trouble Always Follows

After some negations with Sergeant, I left him in the care of Linda who calmed down a little but still barked at Zilla and I when we pulled out the driveway. We drove to downtown to an abandon warehouse where the show was taking place. There were still a few hours till the show but since Zilla was talent he had to be there at a certain time. They were setting things up out front but we drove around to the backside. Other talent was just arriving and I could see my security was already there. Once Zilla came to a stop they made their way over to us, several of them I knew from other security Roman had them do for us. That familiarity of seeing some familiar faces was nice.

"You did tell your promotion I was going to be here, right?" I asked Zilla as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Yeah, they were excited about it," he said.

"You did tell them I'm on the downlow not to let people know?" I double checked and he stopped to looked at me and my stomach sank.

"Oh, was I?" he added.

"Only if you wanted to live to see your next match," I told him then he smirked at me.

"I'm just messing with you B, I told them," he said and I glared at him. Security was at my door as I opened it.

"It's nice to see you again Miss Wild," the head of the security team said.

"It's just Briar, Michael and thanks for coming on short notice," I told him as he offered his hand out for me to take and I slid out of the SUV. Zilla came around with his bag around him and handed me my crutches.

"We've already walked the perimeter and the inside. We've secured your seat do you plan on sitting out there the whole show or just for Mr. Fatu's match?" he asked and I looked to Zilla because I hadn't really thought about it.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Your choice if you want to watch the whole thing it's usually about an hour and a half or so otherwise you can wait with me until I go out at the end." I thought about it for a minute.

"It has been a while since I've been to one of these, I think I'll sit out and watch the whole thing, and see what's changed," I stated.

"We'll make the necessary arrangements," Michael said. "If something does happen and you need to leave quickly, we do have another SUV parked by the back door to get you out of here," he pointed out as he headed for the backdoor of the warehouse. All the guards surrounded me and Zilla till we got to the backdoor. We stepped into the warehouse it basically had one big black curtain separating the locker room from the makeshift arena. Chairs and benches sat in the backside here for the talent and a table set up with refreshments. I was greeted by the promoter when we came in. He shook Zilla's hand and he introduced me.

"Briar this is the promoter, David. David, I know you know who this is," Zilla said and I rolled my eyes at Zilla. I still wasn't used to the fame and the attention mostly because I'm usually stuck in the WWE world where most of the people around you know who you are and you know them. It's very rare especially these days for me to be amongst others but it's nice to be just to see what how the outside world does react to me.

"Briar Wild," I said shaking the man's hand who beamed at me.

"I know Miss Wild it's great to have you with us this evening," he said shaking my hand as Michael hovered behind me. The other guards had spread out throughout the area.