Chapter 5

SmackDown 5/12/23 part 1

The Show Goes On

"Well, it's about time you joined us," I said Paul as he entered my hospital room. He smiled at me before making his way over to the side of my bed.

"Sorry work never stops," he said. "How you feeling?"

"Alright, they gave me a bunch of pain meds so I don't really feel anything right now," I told him.

"That's good and everything went as planned."

"Yep, I should be able to get out of here Thursday morning," I said. "Is WWE still letting me send my videos for the tournament?" I asked.

"Yes, if you're still up for it, they said you could otherwise they'd announce it at the start of the show."

"No, I want to do it. They'll only be twenty or thirty seconds I'll record Friday morning then send them over. Just have them e-mail me a list of the matches so I can see what stipulations should be for what matches."

"I'll inform them of the plan and have them send you the list," he said then looked very grim over at Roman.

"My Tribal Chief, they want you at the show on Friday."

"I already said I wasn't going to be there for this Friday," he sternly stated.

"I know my Tribal Chief but with everything that happened at Backlash they want you to address the future of The Bloodline."

"You can do that," Roman said to Paul.

"And I would my Tribal Chief but they already advertised you for the show," he said a bit timid in his voice when he said that.

"Damn it! I made myself clear!" Roman roared his voice filled with anger.

"I'm sorry my Tribal Chief I've been making all kinds of phone calls this morning to get this straight but there just isn't any way around it," Paul explained. He also looked like he was going to have a heart attack in anticipation for Roman's pending outburst but I decided to defuse the situation before it got to that.

"Chief," I said my voice still tired and weak from the surgery and being sedated. He still had his angry annoyed face as he turned my way.

"The show will always and must go on. I'm just going to be laying around with my foot elevated. You might not be here physically but your always with me," I said clutching the RR necklace that was now back around my neck. "After Backlash the world must have many questions as to the current state of The Bloodline. I'm sure Paul would do fine speaking on the situation but people need to hear it from you The Tribal Chief that setbacks don't stop The Bloodline from running the show," I stated. Roman looked to me then at Paul.

"I'll be there, but I'm coming back home after the show."

"Of course, my Tribal Chief," Paul said then looked at me with a thankful expression.

Ten am Thursday morning I was in a wheel chair and being pushed out the hospital with Roman and Solo. I was told I'd wear the cast for the first month and a half then move to a boot that'd I'd have to wear for at least the next four to five months. I was officially looking at a six and half to seven-month recovery time with physical therapy. So, I was for sure not going to be having a match the rest of this year. I tried to not let it get to me since at this point there was nothing I could do. We got to the car and they opened the door. I stood up on my good foot and then Roman lifted me up into the SUV.