Chapter 10

Chapter 10

SmackDown 6/2/23

No Going Back

"What the hell is going on Briar? I was expecting you to call me two hours ago!" he yelled and I looked to Zilla, shit.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to wait to message you till we got to the house then all these things happened. I should have messaged you earlier I'm sorry Chief," I said and Roman sighed.

"But you're, okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine, I swear," I assured him.

"Where are you now?"

"About a minute from the house," I told him then went into the details of the evening Zilla and I had.

"Don't worry I never actually thought I was in danger and it was nice to be able to get out of the house for something other then doctor appointments and something for Sergeant."

"How is our boy?" he asked.

"You mean other then the fact that he tried to kill me earlier, that he was really needy, and the only way I could get downstairs was having Zilla carry me down them," I said.

"Now that I'm going to need more clarification on," he said and I explained what happened. At this point we had arrived at the house and Zilla was standing outside the car waiting for me to finish talking to Roman.

"He knew you were in trouble before you did,'' he said.

"It wasn't even trouble, it was going to happen going to an event like that, that's why there was security. I assure you I had plenty of people to protect me although it did feel weird that none of those people were you, Solo, or the twins," I said and I saw the look on his face when I mentioned Jimmy and Jey.

"You haven't talk to them, have you?" I asked.

"They are the ones who turned on me," he snapped.

"Chief," I calmly spoke feeling the pain of the feud deep inside.

"I don't want to talk about it. I see you're at the house I'll let you get inside. I'll be home Sunday so try to contain the chaos."

"Alright, Chief and I'm sorry I worried you. I'd say it won't happen again, but I can't guarantee I'll never worry you again. You know me chaos tends to follow." I told him and he chuckled.

"I know Wildfire, just try not to worry me too much," he said.

"I'll do my best, I love you," I said.

"Love you too," he replied and we reluctantly ended the call.

The next few days I kept myself low key, nothing really significant came out of my appearance at the independent show, luckily. Zilla and I watched wrestling videos and we talked about different things for him to approve on. I worked on finalizing my wedding stuff to show Roman when he came home and I finally was able to have a phone conversation with Solo.

"I shouldn't really ask this of you Solo and I know your kind of in the middle but please watch out for Roman, protect him. I can't be there so someone needs to be on his side," I said to him.

"I understand, I got this, everything's been total chaos since you left but I hear you."

By the time I could wrap my mind around what happened at Night of Champions and what could happen next before I knew it was time for Friday Night SmackDown.

The 1,000-day reign of Roman was celebrated throughout the show. I watched as Hunter welcomed Roman out and then was presented him with a new Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. Once it was unveiled, I sat up quickly from the couch to stare at it. It was now gold and it sparkled standing out against the black backing. If I was ever in love with a title it was this one. If they were changing titles like the rumors had been going around since before I left, I wondered if the SmackDown's Women Championship was going to be changed.