Chapter Twenty-Four : Attendees

After eating his meal, Hyunjin decided to jog around the neighbourhood. He was bored out of his mind. It was a weekday morning. Monday, actually. The morning sun was bright and warm. The air smelled like fresh grass and dew, and flowers were in bloom all over the city. Hyunjin loved it here. This is what made life so good, really. His apartment wasn’t too far from his office building, but he liked it that way because he could take a stroll through the flower beds whenever he felt like it.
As he jog down the streets, Hyunjin took notice of many people dressed up for the day.

A lot of couples strolled together, holding hands and laughing together. Parents with little children walked along as well, chattering about whatever they had to discuss. And even when the traffic was heavier, there were still more groups walking around hand in hand, enjoying the warmth of the sun. It was one of Hyunjin’s favourite sights.

“Wah, what a great day today,” he says in awe once he passes by some shops. The weather has been getting warmer lately, and Hyunjin was starting to appreciate being outdoors more. “It almost feels like spring already, right? I can’t wait till winter starts~”

He continued jogging around until he reached the park. The playground at the end of the street was empty, so he sat down on a bench to watch the people go by. His face was full of sweat and he looked like hell. But he couldn’t care less. All that mattered at this moment was that he enjoyed himself. And that was enough for him.

While he was taking a break and fanning himself, someone suddenly tapped him on his shoulder. Hyunjin turned around to see who it was. It was Beomgyu, smiling widely at him. “Hyung,” said Beomgyu cheerfully, “good morning. You look hot.”

Beomgyu was wearing a black and red striped turtleneck and jeans that made his legs seem to be longer than usual. His long hair was neatly tied behind his head, and a pair of sunglasses covered half his face. There also stood another guy who is unfamiliar to Hyunjin.
“What are you guys doing here?” asked Hyunjin curiously while getting up off the bench. “Aren’t you usually at home?”

Beomgyu grinned. “We’re out chilling.” Then he pointed to the stranger standing next to him. “This is Taehyun, by the way. A good friend of mine.”
Taehyun waved politely and smiled at Hyunjin. Hyunjin returned the gesture. He looked quite tall for a guy, so maybe he’s an athlete? “Nice to meet you,” he told Taehyun.

The younger boy had nice features; soft looking brown eyes, and light coloured hair that looks very silky. “Nice meeting you too.” Taehyun nodded at Hyunjin.
“Why don’t you guys sit next to me first? It’s too hot.” Hyunjin motioned them to come sit beside him at the bench.

Taehyun didn’t hesitate to sit next to Hyunjin, so Beomgyu did as well. They made themselves comfortable next to each other and started chatting idly about anything that comes to their mind.

Taehyun was just as friendly as Beomgyu, so Hyunjin was happy to have such lively company. Hyunjin thought that the two must get along pretty well. ‘Taehyun would make a good addition if he could talk to people without having a death stare every five seconds,’ thought Hyunjin. Beomgyu seemed to be much more talkative compared to how shy Taehyun was.
“You know I used to call Beomgyu a megaphone since he’s too loud and talkative before.”

“Hey, hey, hey. Why would you bring that up, you weasel?” Beomgyu pouted at Hyunjin, although he doesn’t seem angry. He probably wanted a reaction. Hyunjin laughed and shook his head at that. Beomgyu was a funny person.

Hyunjin could always count on him. He always had fun making conversation, and his stories were always entertaining. That made things easier for Hyunjin to relate to people, and they got along easily. Not to mention, he was good looking and charismatic.