Chapter Four : Party Goers

It's finally snowing outside when Soobin woke up. The sky is a beautiful gray slate, the wind is picking up and bringing in the coldness that will probably last all day. Even after it melts, you'll be stuck with that cold, biting feeling for weeks to come.

Soobin sighed heavily and burrowed himself deeper into his bedding, trying to get warmer, but he can't. There's no heat in here, at least not any that he can feel. It's a wonder that he managed to wake up at all; so much so that when he did, he had almost forgotten what was happening. A quick check of the alarm clock on his nightstand showed him that it's already 10;30am well past late his usual breakfast time. He really should go downstairs now and eat so he could walk outside with his roommate later today.

But his head hurts too badly, right now. His eyes are still adjusting from sleep and the light streaming through the window isn't making things easier for them to do so.

Maybe some more rest sounds good right now, even if it does mean that he won't be able to do anything else except lay there and think about tomorrow's events... or lack thereof.
But as soon as he closed his eyes, he heard a loud knock coming from his bedroom door.

Soobin jumped awake, nearly dropping the blanket he's got wrapped around himself since the temperature in here hasn't gone down either, and he quickly sat up, shivering from the sudden chill that's seeping through his blankets.

"Yah!" he shouts, half in surprise.
The door opened before Soobin even managed to stand up, revealing Kai standing on his doorstep, grinning widely.

"Morning," he said cheerily, like it wasn't freezing outside and like he didn't just come to his room unannounced, knocking loudly on the door.

"You look tired."
Soobin glared at him, "I am, so? What brings you here?"
"Didn't you say we're going out today?"

His face brightened as soon as he remembered the plan, the thought of getting out into the world somehow energizing him.

Soobin looked up and down the hallway before saying, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm coming now, give me a second-"
"Don't rush yourself," Kai said as Soobin ran off towards the bathroom, "Okay. Wait for me outside."

When Soobin emerged ten minutes later from his room looking decent enough, Kai was waiting for him by the front door. They left the apartment building through the side entrance and walked side by side down the streets of their neighbourhood until they reached the park across the road.

As they got closer, Soobin noticed how people were walking home, wrapped up inside coats against the cold.

And there are lots of children playing in their yards today. As they crossed the street, one little girl called out to Kai and waved at him. Kai waved back at her and she smiled brightly before running towards another house.

"Won't we go eat breakfast first?" Kai asked suddenly, interrupting Soobin from wondering where they could go. Soobin shook his head and turned his attention back to the path ahead of him. "Okay, let's go then." Kai nudged him again, urging him forward so they can hurry, but Soobin ignored him and kept walking.
Soobin pulled out his phone from his pockets and dial Yeonjun's number. The phone rang several times until the call dropped on it's own.

'He's probably sleeping still.' Soobin thinks, though he doesn't bother explaining this to Kai who's still chattering happily beside him, 'I'll just leave him a message then.' Soobin puts his phone away again and starts talking to Kai instead.
As Soobin walks next to Kai along the sidewalk, Soobin finds himself thinking about Yeonjun again.

"Hey," he says, nudging Kai in the ribs. Kai turns to look at him, confused. "What?"
Soobin shrugged. "Did Yeonjun ever contacted you yesterday?"

"Hmm?" Kai looks up at him, puzzled. Then realization dawns on him. "Oh yeah! Yeonjun sent you an email last night asking us both if we're okay. Why'd you ask? I thought he called you after the plane landed?" Kai asks. Soobin nods in affirmation.

That's true. He did receive a call from his boyfriend yesterday. But that's not the point right now. "Well, he didn't pick up my call today. He's probably still sleeping." Soobin said, frowning.
"Oh, then, let him have his rest. He's tired," Kai says dismissively, giving him a small wave. "Let's go get something to eat." They stopped briefly in front of a restaurant, which looked pretty full with people, sitting inside.

"Go order. I'll find us some seat." Soobin said, pushing Kai gently towards the doors. Once Kai stepped inside, Soobin made his way over to a table near the front windows, leaning against a chair to keep him warm. As he watched Kai talk excitedly at the hostess, his mind drifted elsewhere again.

———
Yeonjun woke up at exactly 8pm in the evening. He had realized that he slept the whole day away because he didn't hear a thing, but he didn't regret that. He felt relaxed and rested, and there was nothing better than waking up to a quiet suite without having to worry about anything that happened the previous night or early morning. At least for now.

Letting out a loud groan, Yeonjun stretches and rise up from the couch, yawning as he reaches for his phone on the coffee table. He unlocks his screen and saw several missed calls from Soobin. With one hand supporting his weight, Yeonjun swipes to answer Soobin's call, his fingers brushing lightly against the screen. He holds it to his ear as the call connects.

"...Baby!" Soobin answers. It seems like he was calling him for hours.
"Babe, what's up? Did something happened?" Yeonjun asks, concerned.

There's a momentary pause, and a deep sigh, and a soft mumble that Yeonjun strains to hear before his boyfriend replies in a clearer voice, "No, nothing happened. Kai and I are out for breakfast today so I've tried to call you but you seem asleep when I did."
"Oh, I fell asleep on the couch. Sorry," Yeonjun apologized. "Where are you guys? Is everything alright?"

"Yes everything is alright. We just head out from the restaurant."

"Okay then. That's good, I gotta go wash up and have dinner first as well. Talk to you later?"
"Sure."

Soobin said his goodbyes and hangs up the phone. Yeonjun stares blankly at the wall for awhile before putting his phone on his pockets again and making his way outside.

He stops for a second at the window to take in the sight of the city lights below, and once he feels satisfied that he's ready for whatever is waiting for him outside, he makes his way to the elevators.

———
"FELIX LEE! I TOLD YOU TO TELL THE BOYS IN OUR GROUP CHAT THAT WE'LL THROW A WELCOME BACK PARTY FOR YEONJUN NOT TO MAKE OUT WITH YOUR CHIC IN FRONT OF ME!" Beomgyu shouted, making the other male pulled his head away from the girl he was kissing with widened eyes. She looked a bit surprised as well, her cheeks redder than they probably ever are, before letting out a giggle.

"Beomgyu, can you just please calm down?" Felix begged, pulling away to give Beomgyu an apologetic smile as he wiped at his mouth. The other boy just huffed in annoyance at that and started pacing in front of the living room.
"HOW CAN YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME?" Beomgyu exclaimed.

Before he could say another word, Felix suddenly throw the pillow right across his  face, catching him completely off guard. He sputtered as he tried to catch the pillows thrown at him while also trying to cover his mouth with his hands as he stumbled backwards. When he managed to stop the onslaught of pillows hitting him, he gave Felix another glare, who simply smirked at him playfully. "Yah you—" Beomgyu was cut off by the sound of a knock on the door and a familiar voice calling out their names, "It's open!" Felix yelled back, making sure that Beomgyu's face would be fully covered again before opening the front door.

"Eugh! I'll just go take a shower. This didn't made no sense," Beomgyu complained as he stomped up the stairs angrily. Felix chuckled slightly as he leaned back against the door frame, watching him walk away before turning around to look at the new guest, a grin spreading slowly over his face.