Chapter 22: A Stupid Plan

I wanted to start training for the sports festival as soon as I got home, but my idea was immediately shot down by mic since he knew Recovery Girl would beat the crap out of him if she found out I was training with my casts on. I was certain I didn't need them anymore, but she went a bit overboard with the treatment on both me and Erasure. Man, that woman would keep you in a wheelchair for a a month because of stubbed toe without you being able to get out of it because of that cane.

So, I did the most reasonable thing my eleven year old brain could come up with and find out how to both remove a cast by myself, and put it on again later without anybody knowing the difference. It helped that I finished my homework quicker than normal so I had an excuse to stay in my room, and I had a basic understanding of casts from experience and knew what to look for. It definitely made things quicker when I wasn't just searching up random stuff.

After about half an hour, I knew how to safely get a cast off by myself. Now I just had to learn how to do it without waking a certain caterpillar. That took a bit more effort, probably because not many people needed to quietly remove a cast so there weren't many tests on it, but I managed. By the time I figured out the last step of putting the cast back on and removing any traces of tampering, Mic called me down for dinner.

I closed my laptop and put it on my bedside table while wondering whether or not it was a good thing I was starting to get used to the routine I had developed while staying there. I forgot about that feeling when I saw three bowls of katsudon on the table, one that I assumed was mine since the bowl was significantly smaller.

Maybe getting used to this isn't such a bad thing.

It was definitely safer than an abandoned apartment, he had several run ins with villains on the run or homeless people who were more than happy to fight for territory. Not to mention I didn't know what I was doing when it came to injuries. I'm also healthier here, I've been eating more and I've been able to get more that four hours of sleep each night. Kind of. My sleep schedule still needed more time to adjust. Especially since I was making a new one, staring tonight.

The three of us ate dinner, which was delicious and I loved it, with mostly just Mic ranting about his students. I let Mic take my dishes when I was done before telling them I was off to bed. Shota looked a bit sceptical since he knew about my previous sleep schedule, but I just said Ectoplasm and Cementoss had given me extra homework. They actually did but I finished early anyway, but Shota didn't need to know that.

I did a little bit of hacking to check the crime rates in my territory to make sure nobody was getting too cocky, but everyone kinda just assumed I was dead and the amount of thugs and villains just exploded. I mentally groaned.

I'm going to have to work overtime, aren't I?

I sighed before putting my laptop away, setting an alarm on my phone and making sure I had an earbud in so only I could hear it when it went off. I then went to bed and did my very best to go to sleep, being surprised when my body actually listened to me for once.

Notes

Hello, one of my older sisters decided to bring a friend called Victor today.

... There are 21 of these all over the house. The second photo is apparently her favourite because of course it is. Well, I'll see you next chapter?