Chapter 5: Cue Social Awkwardness!

When Mai opened the cafe the next morning, we were greeted by not only Erasure Head but Midnight and Present Mic too. They were all in civilian clothes and came to the counter together. I didn't think I could handle talking to three pros, so I asked Mai if she could take their orders. She agreed, but I could tell she had something up her sleeve. I peeked out of the kitchen to watch them, but Midnight noticed me. She sent me a smile and I immediately got back though the door and put of her line of sight. I could still hear their conversation though.

"Who's that?"

"Oh, he's my nephew. He's been working at this cafe with me for a while."

"He seemed a bit shy," Midnight said quietly.

"Yeah, he's a huge fan of heroes so having three in one room? I wouldn't be surprised if he climbed out of a window and went home."

I knew she was joking, but the heroes didn't.

"Heh heh, sorry about that." That one was Present Mic.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure he can handle a couple of heroes, right?"

She turned her head to the kitchen and raised her voice a little. I poked my head out and nodded before sticking it right back in. Midnight giggled a little before they took their seats. Mai handed me a piece of paper with their orders written down and I got to work on the drinks while she got the pastries. We were done pretty quickly but of course, Mai couldn't leave it alone.

"Ah."

She hissed as she touched the coffee machine.

"Ahh, I burnt my finger. Sorry, got to go!"

You didn't even touch the hot part.

Now I was forced to deliver their food and drinks.

Great.

I picked up the tray and successfully made my way to their table without dropping anything. To my demise, they started a conversation with me.

"So, what's your name?" Midnight was the first to ask.

"I-Izuku. Taiyo Izuku."

Of course I had a fake name. I lived in an abandoned building and much preferred that to an orphanage, thank you very much. I bowed and left them before they could ask anything else. There were no other customers, so I went to my bag and pulled out my phone.

◆━━━━━━◆❃◆━━━━━━◆

A Bunch Of Idiots

BroccoliBunny: There are three pro heroes in the cafe I work at and I don't know what to do.
BroccoliBunny: I need help!

MrMaker: Why, don't you like heroes?

BroccoliBunny: Yes, but I'm also very nervous around heroes.

KissKissAllBetter: Is your boss there?

BroccoliBunny: She faked a burn to force me to interact with them.

IGiveSleep: pfft~

BroccoliBunny: What?

IGiveSleep: Maybe try talking to them?
IGiveSleep: Which heroes are there?

BroccoliBunny: Erasure Head, Present Mic and Midnight.
BroccoliBunny: They're all in my top ten!
BroccoliBunny: I know for a fact that if I try to talk with them, something will go wrong! (Probably has something to do with my social skills)

AmScreech: I have to agree with IGiveSleep on this one.
AmScreech: You managed to talk with Erasure yesterday, what's wrong now?

BroccoliBunny: The number has tripled!