Chapter 19: Awoken to Chaos

I woke up and immediately panicked. I completely forgot I was at Erasure's house and when I saw I wasn't either at school or at home, I fell face-first out of bed with a thud. Erasure and Mic both came into my room not too soon after and the latter helped me sit up in bed. I was still panicking however, and accidentally hit Mic in the face with my cast. He yelled and I was incredibly thankful Erasure erased his quirk before he burst my eardrums. Erasure started his sentence with a sigh. "Problem child, calm down." He then turned to Mic. "Are you alright, Zashi?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Mic replied. "What about you, little listener?"

"I'm alright." I then apologized profusely to both of them for waking them up and hitting them in the face before Erasure told me it was past midday. My mind kinda just broke and shut off for a long moment. I actually went to sleep at a normal time and woke up way past any normal schedule. What the hell? I couldn't understand how on earth I managed to get that much sleep and was still sort of processing that information as Erasure told me to they would make lunch and left me.

It took another few minutes for me to actually get up off my bed and walk over to he closet to pull out my only pair of clothes that weren't pj's, uniforms or my vigilante costume. I went to the bathroom across the hall to get changed and took a quick shower. It's sorta gross, but I only really showered with the rain water I collected and in summer... You know what, you don't want to know what I did in summer but it involved a lot of deodorant.

Anyway, after just a short shower with warm water and soap, I looked quite a bit different. My hair was still curly and messy, but it was so much softer and silkier, and since I was usually covered in dirt that wasn't really noticeable all the time, my skin was so much cleaner and softer. I could probably pass for a normal eleven year old kid who actually looked like someone loved them and took care of them.

I went downstairs and found a similar scene to the previous night, except now it was pancakes instead of quiches. Erasure and Mic were just chatting idly and occasionally raised their voices a little, probably talking about politics or something, which I somehow found comforting over the half a year I'd known them. I just sat down at the table without making a sound and hoped neither of them noticed me for as long as possible.

Their conversation ended when Mic flipped the last pancake onto a large plate and brought them, plates, cutlery and toppings and put them on the table. There was maple syrup, lemon slices, sugar, Nutella, yoghurt, cream, and a small bowl of mixed berries. I think he went a bit overboard, but I'm not complaining. He told me I could serve myself and put a couple pancakes and toppings on his and Erasure's plates. I only got one pancake and squeezed some lemon juice on it and sprinkled raw sugar on top but it was delicious, even if I only ate half of it before I got full. It probably could've used more milk though.

When everyone had eaten their fill (Erasure ate two pancakes and Mic ate the other nine as well as my other half, although I have no idea how), Erasure told me to be ready to leave the house in ten minutes as Mic cleaned up. Apparently, we were going shopping. Just the three of us. That completely explained why we saw Midnight at the mall when we arrived. "Hey boys!" She called from the entrance. Mic smiled while Erasure groaned, but I didn't know how to feel so I just did my best impression of that one 1-A student with the half-and-half hair.

"Hey, Nem!" Mic called back, just barely not using his quirk.

"Hi, Midnight-san," I called when my ears recovered. She walked up to us and wrapped her arm around Mic's shoulder as she looked down at me.

"Good afternoon, sweetie," she said more quietly. The four of us then made our way through the mall and to various shops for different things. We first went to a children's clothing store since I had (including my vigilante costume) four pairs of clothing. That wouldn't at all be a pain to try on seeing as I had a leg and an arm in casts.

I at first just went for whatever was cheapest, but that was practically impossible with Midnight around. The way she knew where the most expensive things in each store was practically a quirk on its own. I didn't complain too much when it came to hero merch though, that was my exception. Especially not when it came to posters and figurines, but I still made sure I would have space for the Erasure Head posters I was already planning on making later.

The next thing was school supplies. I had my own money, but I could still only afford second hand items since I still had to pay for the minimal amount of food I could afford and equipment. I got a new backpack, pencil case, water bottle, as well as a few miscellaneous items and notebooks since mine was starting to get full.

The next thing was furniture, and I was pretty sure Midnight and Mic went a little bit overboard with that. I got a rug with a clover design, a hammock, new bedsheets, a desk with a chair and a few other things. All in all, everything was going pretty great. That was until someone recognised Mic and Midnight and then saw me and asked if I was their child. Everyone froze in shock at that, and more people started to crowd around making it harder to explain that none of them were married and I wasn't related to any of them. Erasure just stood off to the side and smirked at our discomfort.

By the end of the day, I was worn out from shopping and simply flopped onto my bed, skipping dinner. I wasn't hungry anyway.

Notes

Hello, it is currently half past one and I have school tomorrow. Today? Eh, whatever works. Anyway, goodnight and see you next chapter!