Chapter 16: USJ III

He's not smiling...

All Might was walking towards the villains, jacket in his right hand. A few of the smaller villains tried attacking him, but he disappeared. Next thing I knew, he was holding Erasure Head over his shoulder and me, Hatsume and Asui in his arms. I looked over from where he was standing to the villains, and saw that Kurogiri had warped a little bit away with Shigaraki and the Nomu had been sent back with a smoking arm covering its head.

He hit them at that speed!

While they were recovering, he put Asui and Hatsume down and gave me to the former while Hatsume took Erasure. Then, he told us to go back to the others while he went to fight the Nomu. I watched as they started trading punches. All Might grabbed its waist and lifted it into the air before slamming it down into the concrete. When the dust settled, the Nomu had its torso and legs sticking out of the ground, seperated by Kurogiri's warp-gates, and All Might was held up in the air by the Nomu's arms. Its fingers curled inwards and blood spread over All Might's white shirt.

"You see," Kurogiri started, "it was Nomu's job to contain you, and tit is my job to kill you. As soon as Nomu lowers you through that warp-gate, I close it around your body and you die."

Why the hell is he explaining his plan? It's only wasting time for you!

I got annoyed and decided I wasn't done with the pair of them. So what if I had a broken ankle? I'd fought with a fully shattered leg and way worse injuries before! My pain tolerance was higher than the Empire State building! I wriggled out of Asui's arms and grabbed a collapsible sword from Hatsume's bag before I ran at the villains, keeping my weight off my left ankle. I unfolded the weapon and stabbed the Nomu in the wrist, forcing it to let go of the hero. He stepped back and stood next to me, being careful with his new wounds.

"Young Taiyo, please leave this to me," he whispered.

"But I can help you."

The Nomu came at us with tremendous speed and we both dodged.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot risk you getting hurt more than you already are," he explained.

The Nomu suddenly appeared next to All Might and punched him into the fountain. He coughed a large amount of blood and it mixed and swirled with the water now covering the floor. The Nomu ignored me and came at him again. He dodged just in time for the fountain to get blown to bits by the sheer force of the Nomu's attack. It ran at him once more but I was quicker, picking up a large piece of rubble from the fountain and throwing it at its brain. It screeched in fury and turned its attention to me.

It ran even faster than before, just barely giving me enough time to move away from its massive fists. The concrete below an in front of the beast exploded from pure air pressure. All Might made one of the most idiotic mistakes he could and yelled as he tried to punch it from behind. The Nomu dodged as it turned and sent out a fist of its own, slamming it into All Might's stomach and sending him flying. Kurogiri and the Nomu came at him as I rammed the blade into Nomu's shoulder and kicked Kurogiri in the metal band around his neck with my good foot.

Kurogiri went back to defending Shigaraki after I glared at the unconscious villain but I lost sight of the Nomu while doing so. Next thing I knew, a fist slammed into my face, making my head snap back as white light danced in my vision. If it had punched my with its good arm, I would've died. The white light cleared a little and I realised my nose was broken and blood was gushing all over my clothes.

It came at me again and I ducked to the side, grabbing my sword from its shoulder as I ran out of it's range. Its head swivelled around to All Might, who was laying unconscious on the ground, and it leapt towards him. I jumped in the way without thinking and got hit right in the chest. I heard a sickening crack and felt multiple ribs scratching against my left lung. The ones on my right side were somehow poking out and I could see two little sharp bones covered in blood.