thirty

DISCLAIMER: This book is purely fiction and for entertainment. Any resemblance to real events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental. The author's imagination is at work here, so take everything with a grain of salt. We're not responsible for any misconceptions or actions based on the content. Unauthorized reproduction is prohibited. If you want to use any part of it, get in touch with us.

HEAVY ENGLISH.

In the quaint village of located on Daegu, nestled amidst verdant hills and meandering streams, lived Choi Yeonjun, a commoner of humble means. He spent his days tending to the fields, his weathered hands toiling beneath the sun's gentle caress, while his evenings were filled with the simple pleasures of home, surrounded by the warmth of his family's love. 

Choi Yeonjun's life as a farmer was deeply ingrained in the rhythms of nature, dictated by the changing seasons and the whims of the weather. Yet, despite the tranquility of his existence, Yeonjun's heart yearned for something more. He longed for adventure, for passion, for a love that would set his soul ablaze. Little did he know that his desires would soon be fulfilled in the most unexpected of ways. 

"Yeonjun!" 

A young man called him out of nowhere with a sack of wheats. The young man waved at him and then takes a step to approach the bewildered Yeonjun. The young man then brightly smiled at him.

"Good afternoon to you, Choi Yeonjun." The young man giggled at him and gave him a loot bag with tons of gold. As a reward or salary for harvesting goods and sell it on the village. kang Taehyun, Yeonjun's childhood ever since had been farming throughout the years.

Yeonjun nodded and grinned at him. Following Taehyun's departure, he went aimlessly about the area, trying to find something to eat when he grabbed his prize bag. Yeonjun's motivations for existing are the most basic. It's to work hard, support his family, and care for his ailing brother. for the survival and well-being of himself and his family. 

Yeonjun bought 5 apples and a bread for his family when he return home. As soon as he got the things he need, a noble and group of guards arrived as a sign of announcement from the palace. Yeonjun ate an apple and forget about it anyways. 

As Yeonjun was about to walk away, a group of royal guards started yelling and shouting that made Yeonjun stopped on his tracks and looked at the crowd. The guards were starting to wreck everything they could see. Demolishing every vendors who wouldn't pay their taxes. That's a normal thing already in their village. Guards who belittle them, degrade them, humiliate them, hurt them, and even torture them.

The governance of their kingdom was riddled with corruption, cruelty, and a glaring lack of effective management. Yeonjun, a humble commoner, found himself powerless to challenge the officials and higher-ups responsible for the chaos. Yet, amidst the turmoil, he remained steadfast in his dedication to providing for his family, persevering against the odds with unwavering determination.

Yeonjun surveyed the scene, his heart heavy as he watched the guards ruthlessly dismantle every vending stall belonging to those unable to meet the exorbitant taxes. Among the chaos, he spotted an elderly man struggling to maintain his balance, his frail form a poignant symbol of the kingdom's plight. Without hesitation, Yeonjun stepped forward, offering a supportive hand to help the old man regain his footing. In that moment of crisis, it was the least he could do to provide some semblance of aid amidst the turmoil engulfing their community.