twenty three

Yeonjun balled his hands into fists and tore his hair apart with his fingers. He keeps thinking about the interaction he had with Tristan. He found it impossible to accept.

He's officially late for his first period right now, and all he could do was sigh in annoyance. Then he noticed a man with silver hair eating contentedly on the rooftop.

Taehyun was very pleasant. eating in peace, of course, with his snack, and studying a topic from his textbook that he is unfamiliar with. Yeonjun made the decision to go up to him and gave him a shoulder tap.

Yeonjun grinned, bowed his knees, and stole a glance at his textbook. "Hey Taehyun."

It seems you're in the same situation as mine. Cutting our first period."

Taehyun only giggled and the older found it quite adorable that his lips form into a smile. Yeonjun sat beside the younger.

"What brings you here on the rooftop?"

"Had an argument with my professor because i ate on his class and yeah i ended up walking out and eating here." Taehyun laughed and rolled his eyes as he found Yeonjun amusing and charismatic by his gestures and composure.

"What brings you here, Yeonjun hyung?"

Yeonjun answered, "Had an argument with someone too actually," and the stillness lasted for a good few seconds. Immediately thereafter, they both laughed and talked. They converse and listen to themselves, changing the subject until the younger one notices how quickly the time has passed and that they need to get ready for their second session.

"I know right! That professor of biochemistry is such a pain in the ass!"
Taehyun joked as they made their way to the locker room.

The last two, in particular Yeonjun, who is a senior, have distinct classes. Due to their divergent schedules, one of them chooses to ditch, while the other chooses to stay late and have a nice chat. 

The two conversed extensively until they heard a loud thump coming from a distance. They could both feel and hear the force of the hit. Glancing around, they discovered the two towering giants squabbling inside the lockers.

The two gave it close inspection, and Taehyun's eyes widened when he observed Soobin pressing the blonde forcefully against the lockers, causing her to wince in pain.

Just as Taehyun was going to pass them, Yeonjun made the decision to obstruct him. Yeonjun's shoes began to creak loudly, which was unlucky for him, and he quickly dragged Taehyun to the closest room where they could hide.

The two giants looked left and right and observed that nobody was in the area. Returning to his towering blonde, Soobin gives the younger one hell of a glare.

Regarding the two, in their most somewhat complicated circumstance.

Yeonjun's arms snaked around Taehyun's waist while Taehyun nuzzled his neck. The room was so small that their bodies collided with one another. They had already banged their heads against the top. Yeonjun was having trouble breathing and could clearly hear the heated dispute taking on behind closed doors. 

"You only want me because you're convenient."

"I want you because that's what my heart wants!!"

Taehyun opened his eyes wide, listening in on his two buddies' chat. Yeonjun let out a gasp, stunned by what he was seeing. After their encounter, he could now plainly see why he had avoided Hueningkai earlier.

Taehyun emerged from the nuzzle, meeting the Older's half-closed but icy gaze with his own. Taehyun had the ability to avert his gaze, as though his eyes were glued there, drawing him in and controlling his thoughts.

"I just want you to know that the feeling is mutual. I am indeed in love with you.."

"I don't believe you.."

They could hear the blonde's voice how broken it was. How broken the voice and they could feel it. For good seconds, they couldn't hear any of them as they assumed they have walked away.

Taehyun was about to pull away and open the door and was pulled with a strong grip on his arm and pulled him back to the older's arms.

"Let them have their moment, tyun."

Lifting his head, Taehyun looks into Yeonjun's rich chocolate eyes. With a slight smile, Yeonjun tucked his silver hair behind his ear and ran his fingers through it.

causing the man with silver hair to blush a lot. The youngster couldn't help but question why he isn't leaving the small space between them. A tension of sorts was beginning to arise between them.

The youngster did release him when Yeonjun tapped his shoulders. After leaving that tiny chamber, they came to an empty hallway.

"Those two really do bond huh?" Yeonjun chuckled and looked at Taehyun who's quite ever since they git into that room.

"Are you alright? you seem red." Yeonjun immediately checked the younger's forehead and he was indeed cold as ice but his face is red.

"I'm late for my second period hyung, i better go."

"Alright, take care tyun." Yeonjun smiled and ruffles his hair and left Taehyun on the hallways flustered and oblivious.

Taehyun found it peculiar that Yeonjun made her feel comfortable. The only explanation he could come up with for why he felt so little in the presence of the man with black hair was that he was struggling to understand.

Ultimately, Yeonjun surpasses Taehyun in height yet.

When they walked apart, Taehyun hugged his book and his flush was suddenly very noticeable.

Beomgyu and the tall blonde were laughing and giggling together from a distance when he found them there. In an attempt to greet the elder, Taehyun came over.

"Hey bg!"

"hey th~"

Then they exchanged fist bumps and giggled. Taehyun couldn't get enough Beomgyu's giggles and laughters. Taehyun looked at the blonde, his arm placed on Beomgyu's back and stared at it with his lips plastered with an unexplainable drawing.

"And you are?"

"Ah! Hwang Hyunjin." The blonde smiled at him and shaked their hands. Taehyun recalls the name where in Yeonjun ranted it just in awhile ago on the rooftop.

"I just wanted to protect Beomgyu from that bastard Tris-- ugh that Hyunjin bitch." Yeonjun giggled.

"So you're the Hyunjin who's Yeonjun was talking about." Taehyun's lips formed into a sly grin. "I see your arm wrapped around his waist, are you his boyfriend?"

"hey tyun--"

"i was just asking, beomgyu. relax." Taehyun remained calm and blinks his eyes.

###
I