seventeen

August 17, 2018.

Little Daniel. Teen Daniel. Munching his sandwich peacefully in the roof top. Why is he even doing and eating in the roof top even though there's a proper place where you can eat? The Cafeteria?

The students always throw harsh words towards Daniel. The latter wasn't new to that anyways. He was an outcast in the school where he eats his lunch whether in the roof top nor at the back of their building unit, snacks in the janitor's closet, and bullied by male students and made fun of him for being an asian.

Daniel eats his Sandwich and answered his homework as well. Daniel is also a working student at a cafeteria 4 blocks away from the school.

He could hear some footsteps from the stairs as Daniel wipes his lips with the excess mayonnaise in his sandwich. Frightened that even in his lunch time someone might spit bad words nor bully him.

Then he saw a blonde student and stumbled through the floor. Daniel quickly stood up as he places his sandwich in his bag and approached the stumbled nale in his direction, helping him to stand.

The male hissed as he was being hold in the area where he was injured. Daniel saw a purple mark near the elbow in his flawless skin, a bruise in his cheek and a cut in his lip.

"What happened!?" Daniel quickly closed the door in the rooftop as he guides the male in his sitting area. "Who did this to you?"

"i-i.. can't s-speak english." The male stated as it was very clear that the accent of the male is foreign and not familiar with the surroundings.

"Oh? ah.." Daniel scratched his nape. "What language do you speak?"

"k-korean.."

"nuga dangsin-ege ileon jis-eul haessseubnikka?" Daniel translated his question for him and shocking the male who's staring at him and gulped.

"han namjaga naleul hwajangsillo mil-eoneoh-eumyeonseo nae osgis-eul jabgo yeoseongseuleoun os-eul ib-eoseo geinyago mul-eossda.."

A guy grabbed my collar as he shove me into the bathroom and asked if i was gay because i dressed like feminine.

"maldo an dwaeyo. wanbyeoghage jal ib-eusyeoss-eoyo. geuttae nuga dangsin-ege ileon jis-eul haessseubnikka?"

That's absurd. You dressed perfectly fine. Who did this to you then?

"geuui ileum-i kolteun-ilago deul-eossseubnida."

I heard his name was Colten.

"Colten? Shibal." Daniel then stood up once more and rolled his sleeves upward as the male grabbed his wrist, shaking his head.

"Aniyo!"

Daniel pouted and rolled his eyes as the male was giving him some puppy eyes and went back to his sitting position.

"dangsin-eun kaelliponia-e issseubnida. malhagiwa yeong-eo hagseub-eul yeonseubhaeya habnida."

You're in California. You should practice speaking and learning english.

The male nodded shyly. Both boys heard a stomach just churned and Daniel immediately grab something in his bag which is an extra Sandwich.

The blonde shyly received the sandwich and started eating up. He was hungry and he could decline the offer since the Colten male threw his lunch.

"What's your name by the way?"

"T-Tristan.. Tristan Leithauser."

"I'm Daniel. Daniel Martinez."

They smiled at each other. From that day, they became friends. They both needed each other and they wouldn't deny that anyways. Daniel didn't have to eat alone in the rooftop anymore, he has Tristan who's happy to see him every time they encounter and spend time together.

They we're inseparable.

Their friendship became stronger and deeper that lead them both into something that they didn't expect that they would go that far. More than just friends.

Daniel was on his way his locker as he heard cries near in the Janitor's room. It was familiar and then he realized that it was Tristan. He then get in the room as he saw Colten was having fun putting a lipstick in Tristan's lips.

Daniel was holding back to this bastard. He was being bullied countless times. Then Daniel lost it, he then bursted out his anger.

"You son of a motherfucker."

Daniel grabbed Colten's polo from behind and angrily threw him in the mop and rugs stall. Colten was groaning and shocked to see Daniel.

"You better not mess with Tristan you son of a bitch!" He then grabbed his collar once more and threw a forceful and hard punch aiming towards the male's fixated face. Within a punch, Daniel could feel he broke the male's nose bridge and made it bleed.

He repeatedly punched the latter and Tristan was crying and holding Daniel's shirt and made Daniel stopped from punching and realized that the boy lost consciousness. Few students we're looking at the door shockingly and widening their eyes as they can't believe that the outcast that Colten used to bully knocked the shit out of them.

Daniel grabbed Tristan's wrist and got out.

The next day, it was a miracle that the other student's appealed and complain about Colten Maxwell's behavior and bullying around the campus made him dropped out and close to expulsion.

Daniel didn't mind after all. He was happy that the other student will no longer feel nor experience bullying as same as his and Tristan.

One Afternoon, Daniel walked in the streets as his shift finished early since the cafe was rented the area some sort of celebration. Daniel received a text from Tristan.

Tristan.
Meet me at the place
where we always stop by.

Daniel smiled and turned off his phone and changed his directions where they always stopped by and their favorite place. It was passed 7PM and there he found Tristan was at the rooftop of an abandoned building, throwing rocks and giggling.

"Hi Dan!"

Daniel engulfed him with a tight hug and dropped his bag along with his bag.

"What brings you here?"

"Well." Tristan pulled out through the hug and took a deep breath. He bites his bottom lip on how nervous he was.

"There's something i wanted to tell you."

###
Oh~ What would that be? Sorry for updating so late guyssss!