𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. Reckless Driving

Blue and red lights flash behind them, and a siren starts

Blue and red lights flash behind them, and a siren starts. They're so beyond screwed at this point, Kathryn might as well start dialling her dad's phone number and ask him to pay her bail, because she's ending the night in jail.

She hangs onto JJ and turns back. "JJ–"

"I know, I know!"

He speeds up, coming up right next to the truck's bed, where Cleo and Pope are holding onto the Cross for dear life. Kathryn holds onto him, not sure what he's doing, not sure she should trust him either, but she does.

"What are you doing?" Pope screams over the wind and the revving.

"Josh, keep going straight!" is the only answer he gets.

Josh pokes his head from the driver seat. "Pease, be careful!"

JJ drives over the line, nearly colliding into the truck.

"Get ready to jump."

"What?" Kathryn screams in his ear, hoping that he actually lost all functioning brain cells.

"What?" Pope shouts at the same time.

"Have you lost your bloody mind?"

"Probably! Get ready to jump."

Kathryn looks back at the truck, where Pope and Cleo are already hanging halfway out, Pope stretching his arms out to catch her.

"Come on, I've got you!"

"I'm gonna fucking die."

"You're not, baby, just focus, okay?" JJ screams, trying to catch her eye and not drive into the truck at the same time.

She winces, and takes in a deep breath. She has no idea what his plan is, but she'd rather not be on the bike for whatever he has in mind. If he thinks it's too dangerous for two, there's gotta be a reason she's not willing to find out.

Kathryn grabs Pope's arm, shakily sitting as up as she can. JJ is the best goddamn driver known to man, keeping steady as she puts a hand on his shoulder, hoisting herself up to her feet, and lunging forward for Pope.