𝖛𝖎. And I Think That's What a Father Is

Kathryn and JJ have been the Pogues' nightmare for the past twenty minutes

Kathryn and JJ have been the Pogues' nightmare for the past twenty minutes. Having one of them going haywire is one thing, because the other tends to calm them down. Having the both of them team up is another thing altogether.

It's not that they don't take the situation seriously. Each and every one of them knows the consequences of leaving John B behind. Apparently, he ran out to find his father? Dead for almost a year? Kathryn has little to zero hopes that he's pulling a Jesus, and the worst part is they don't have any way of helping him right about now. Of course, the second they get to the OBX, that's a whole different matter.

Something that doesn't seem to soothe the couple.

"So this is what we're doing, huh? We're just sailing out," JJ starts, pacing. "We're just gonna forget about John B."

Kathryn, sitting, knee bouncing, shakes her head. "We can't just abandon him like this." Then, she springs to her feet, despite knowing full well that they can't, that they shouldn't, and that John B wouldn't want to: "We're going back."

"No!" Cleo screams out, stopping the pair dead in their tracks. "We're all gonna get caught. I get that from JJ, but really, Kat, what type of plan is that?"

"It's a plan to stick together, Cleo," JJ fires right back at her.

"Then we are dead together."

Kathryn scoffs, holding her hands up. "Fine by me."

It's not. If she was the only one, well. But not if all of her friends are. Of course, Cleo knows that, which is why she simply clicks her tongue at her.

"She's right," Kie adds. "We had to leave, or we'd all be zip-tied in the back of a pickup."

"Well, he didn't zip-tie me."

"Not helping. Look, we did the right thing."

Kathryn shakes her head. "I don't buy that. We did the easy thing."

JJ is about to add something equally as stupid and painful and frustrating, when something buzzes in Kathryn's expensive stolen pyjamas. She blinks, not exactly used to having a phone anymore, and pulls it out.